View Single Post
Old 12-07-2016, 10:33 PM   #36
Kalman

Hi Alban,

I need some technical insight from you about this issue.

I'm using the laptop with a hdmi connection to the monitor, works perfectly fine (Nvidia GT 740M). Phototeca (needs OpenGL 2.0+) also runs smoothly.
As soon as I switch the monitor to the dock, only the integrated intel HD 4400 works, without OpenGL 2.0 (or whatever is the current version).

I understand WDDM 2.1 has a new method, but it did not disable the drivers in the laptop. I have the latest drivers for the dock and graphic card, according to the computer.
That is why I brought up the possibility about the USB port. If the Dynadock driver works perfectly, only a few explanation remained, I think (only by sheer logic, not with technical knowledge):
1. Windows 10 makes Dynadock unusable. But only part of the graphics.
2. Update (version 1607) has a bug, that prevents Dynadock identify OpenGL and second graphic card through the USB port.
3. Dynadock driver has a blind spot in communication with Windows, because of the update. It should work, but cannot.

Based, on what you wrote to CML, the dock only takes the final picture, and forwards it to the monitor. Still, the laptop can use everything, but the dock can not.

Please help me understand the situation, because I want to turn to Microsoft, and I would not run the same rounds again and again, manufacturers pointing at each other.
Kalman is offline   Reply With Quote