View Single Post
Old 08-25-2016, 04:49 PM   #32
johnnewmun

Alban,

I'm sorry you were sick. My concern is I just want to make sure this issue is being considered for 8.0 M2, as I have no idea when the next release will come out, and I can't continue to live with this problem for months on end. You don't need to try to prove you're right on this forum. Instead of wasting time trying to defend yourself, please just assist try to assist us with the problem so we can all (including yourself) work more effectively. I am having to work every day on a buggy system with a little stutter every couple of minutes and it is honestly about to drive me crazy.

I understand that requesting different configurations is helpful in troubleshooting a problem. My previous point was that I can list probably 10 different configurations in this thread (including at least one person with the exact same configuration as me), yet you respond by saying things like "You don't plug anything into DisplayLink", trying to point fingers at other people instead of just trying to help your customers solve the problem. Most others (if not all in this thread), including myself, also had NO issues with 7.9 and pre-Windows 10 AU. With this many reports and views on this thread (being one of the top viewed issues at the moment) under multiple different configurations, DisplayLink is obviously the root of the problem.

I never said that you said anything about uninstalling the Intel Thermal Framework. I was simply mentioning that I had done what DisplayLink suggested that I do, which is also on your general support page (maybe you should actually read your support page instead of telling me there is no relevance):

http://support.displaylink.com/knowl...ncy-desktop-pi

I've tried everything this particular page talks about. I've also spent HOURS researching the problem on the internet. I'm a computer guy, and I even had had a Dell tech come to my house and troubleshoot the problem after I couldn't get any further.

When I buy something, I think it's ok if I expect it to work. It shouldn't be my job to spend hours and hours trying to fix something, then only to be hassled by a support tech. This doesn't help me want to talk positively about your company or your products.

I have no idea whether 8.0 M2 will fix the problem. I certainly hope it does, but nothing on this forum makes me believe the problem is even being properly considered. I would love to test 8.0 M2, but only if you believe the problem has been addressed (at any level) in the new version. If you believe this is the case, please let me know what needs to happen to get the release candidate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbanRampon View Post
John,

It's not about excuses, read the other threads before make a judgement.

Have you created the support case as advised everywhere (including all my posts) when something is absolutely urgent? If so can you give the ticket number so I can look at it when back in the office?
I understand you don't care, but I am entitled to take a sick leave when unwell, so I did.

I have asked questions to get a reproduction internally. Just repeating it lags has not really helped much. But knowing things like applications running, how the devices are connected would.
There could be different reasons resulting in the same symptom.
I never talked about Intel Thermal Framework as I don't see any relevance here. Are you sure you are reading the correct thread?

If someone told you that 8.0 M2 was solving this, you can ask for a 8.0 M2 release candidate through a support ticket to validate this. As I have been out of the office, I haven't read all tickets and all posts.

Regards,
Alban
johnnewmun is offline   Reply With Quote