View Single Post
Old 08-15-2016, 04:51 PM   #17
VON

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag View Post
AlbanRampon: so I've done some more tests:
Mag, thank you for the time you took to do all that. I know how you feel because your tests pretty much mirror mine, and with the same results. I am using a Plugable UD-3900 connected to a Dell XPS 9550. This problem is definitely driver and/or software (Windows + Updates) related.

The new drivers are definitely causing visual stuttering. The more there is happening on the screen the more consistent the lag gets, at least for me. I say visual because while the keyboard input will lag, the input does appear after a stutter. If the keyboard input itself were the lag then I think whatever was typed during the stutter would be lost. I could be wrong.

Windows Driver Foundation (WUDFHost.exe) appears to have something to do with this. CPU usage from it spikes when there is more going on such as video, cursor movement, or basically anything that is changing on the displays. I have tried disabling it in Services, but then the displays on the DisplayLink no longer work. Other devices continue to work without Windows Driver Foundation enabled, but the displays do not.

I disable Windows Updates anyway and will stick to 7.9 M7 until this issue is worked out.
VON is offline   Reply With Quote