View Single Post
Old 07-20-2016, 10:49 AM   #3
ferenczy

Hello Alban,

thank you for your answer and that you answered so quickly.

I used the Cleaner tool and it successfully removed all traces of the DisplayLink software. But the current state of my system is a little bit worse than before (but at least is consistent - no half working installation).

Explanation follows (it's removed currently so I don't know the exact names of directories):
  • before running the Cleaner I checked DisplayLink's directories in the "Program Files". It was looking that the "DisplayLink Graphics" has been already removed by the Uninstaller, directory contained only "cleaner.exe" (crashing), licence and a few other stuff, "DisplayLink Core" was there and looking completely working
  • I executed the Cleaner and after a few minutes it successfully finished the cleaning process
  • I rebooted the system
  • Tried to install the DisplayLink 7.9 M7, but it failed with "not supported on this operating system version" again. Also, installation of the 7.9 M5 (which I had installed and have been before) fails with the same error, so it looks it's not a problem of new versions of DisplayLink, but some issue with my system

May I help you with some logs or debugging? I'm a software engineer, so I have some skills to debug it, just let me know what I can do, please.
ferenczy is offline   Reply With Quote