View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 02:08 PM   #4
justinh03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Muthukamatchi View Post
Follow-up to my pervious post regarding problem with DisplayLink v7.4 or v7.5 and Windows 8.1

After two days of troubleshooting (including following the steps described in DisplayLink support website and forum) the displaylink UI does not work.

After all the troubleshooting the "DisplayLink" does not show up in my Device Manager. It shows as "Generic Superspeed USB Hub" and the DisplayLink UI never comes up.

I see more and more community members reporting similar problems with Windows 8.1.

I looked at competitor Docking Station products. They all pretty much look the same they all pretty much using the DisplayLink Software. I do not think returning and buying another product may solve the problem. I am hesitant to go this route.

It would be helpful if DisplayLink could share their findings regarding Windows 8.1 compatibility issues, if any. It will alleviate frustrations among users and unnecessary product returns.

For now, I connected my monitor directly to my laptop so I can continue to work. I just returned the docking station.
I've been fighting these issues since I first updated to 8.1. The USB 3.0 docking station (in my case an ASUS model connected to ASUS laptop) only shows as a generic hub and my Ethernet nor monitor work.

I've tried every driver combination and spoken with ASUS about it as well and they don't have a solution.

Sometimes if I spend an hour or more uninstalling, reinstalling, restarting, etc I'll get it to show up. But I can't spend an hour each day doing that.
justinh03 is offline   Reply With Quote