View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 09:16 AM   #113
tbm

I'm really clueless here...

When i've received my second DELL D3000 from DELL the dock connected and i was able to work with it a few days. With ofcourse the known blackouts.

Some days later, after powering up my laptop, the dock wasn't recognized by Windows... No display on my TV, and no icon in the traybar.

Yesterday i've followed these steps to resolve the problem:

Running the latest BIOS A09, and enabled USB legacy support in BIOS.

01. Formatted the SSD in my DELL XPS 13.
02. Installed a fresh copy of Windows 8.
03. Updated the whole system via Windows Update.

04. Installed the latest Intel Chipset driver from DELL.
05. Installed the latest Intel HD video driver from DELL.

Since there is no support for Windows 8 Intel USB 3.0 hostcontroller, we have to do it with the supplied one from Microsoft.

06. I've left my dock powerless the whole night... Powered the device and attached the HDMI cable.

07. Without the dock connected to the USB 3.0 port, i've installed the supplied driver package from Dell: DisplayLink_7.0.exe

08. Installation went without errors.

09. Waited a minute and i've plugged in the dock...

10. It does nothing; no blinking screen or firmware update. It only installs the USB 2.0 functionality. So the USB ports on the dock are working, the rest isn't recognized...

I've noticed when i first installed the second dock that after the first connection the firmware got updated by the driver installation. I was expecting this now.

There should be backup firmware in the device, but i hope the TechSupport Team have a solution to firmware flash the device (maybe with other supplied software?)

Maybe that will do the trick, like it seems to me that the internal firmware is not OK now... Since there is no reset button on the device itself... I'm stuck here...

Last edited by tbm; 09-14-2013 at 09:19 AM.
tbm is offline   Reply With Quote