View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 09:36 AM   #29
Cakey

Default 7.2M1 install challenges

7.2M1 does seem to have fixed/improved the ethernet issues on the HP3005-PR its certainly usable now.

However installation and configuration was a nightmare:

(My Config is Win7-64bit + HP Folio13-2000 + HP3005-PR DOCK + USB32DVIPRO + 3 Monitors)

After installation 2 out of 3 monitors (2 monitors on the HP3005-PR) were non functional, listed in device manager but not working or showing in the screen setup tool, the 3rd Monitor (USB32DVIPRO) was tied to the laptop monitor as a clone and would not let me run it as a 2nd monitor only a clone of the laptop.

Ran the upgrade again & rebooted, same result, 2 out of 3 non functional. Powered down, powered off the HP3005-PR dock unplugged it from the laptop, re-plugged and re-powered same result.

Ran the upgrade again, same result only one working monitor.

Checking in device manager showed that the DisplayLink Display Adapter (4300 & 430A) and HP USB3.0 dock devices were all running a 6.xxx (2012 dated) driver version, prior to the upgrade they were 7.xxx from 7.2M0 and working fine. The partially working USB32DVIPRO was running a newer 7.2.47157.0 version.

Only after manually selecting update driver on one of the HP devices in device manager did it find the new driver and install the update (and upgrade the dock firmware) and that bought all the driver versions to the same level and finally 3 working monitors again. Although the monitor ordering/numbering has changed again and my desktop layout is trashed (minor annoyance).

So it seems to work albeit not smoothly in terms of running the update....

Kate

Last edited by Cakey; 05-13-2013 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Clarifications & Minor edits
Cakey is offline   Reply With Quote