View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 06:31 PM   #1
luiset83

Default Targus ACP51USZ - Use of Windows aero glass mode vs basic mode

Hi there,

I just realized this fixed the problems of Firefox 10, IE 9, among other apps of not being able to re-draw/refresh correctly on my ACER P236H connected to my Targus ACP51USZ.

However... my issue is that I frequently debug code using NVIDIA Parallel Nsight, which requires Windows Basic mode to work, and I lose some usability (refreshing) of my DisplayLink screen otherwise. Is there a fix/workaround for this issue planned? I'm running on an Acer 4830TG-6450, with an NVIDIA GT 540M, with the latest consumer (285.62) drivers.

Also, is this issue still present in the newer Targus ACP70USZ/ACP71USZ or the Toshiba PA3927U-1PRP? Are the specific triggering cases of this 'display corruption' issue known?

I do realize that this might be a minor issue for most, but would be really nice if it was fixed -- I'd very highly recommend DisplayLink products if it is.

Edit: I tried the latest NVIDIA developer drivers (286.16) and the problem still persists, so it doesn't seem like it is related to the NVIDIA drivers.

Last edited by luiset83; 02-03-2012 at 01:01 AM.
luiset83 is offline   Reply With Quote