View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 02:45 PM   #1
hotcha3

Default Problem with Java in Lion

Hi,

I have a 27" iMac with Lion 10.7.1
I have (or used to have in Snow Leop.) 2 extra screens conncted to it. One driectly to the imac's card and the other one with a USB adapter using Displaylink.

I use a financial charts software called ProRealTime, which is based on java.

So here my problem:

I can install the displaylink drivers and use the 3rd screen perfectly, like in SL. BUT everytime i open ProRealtime (java based) it crashes. I thought at first it was an issue with Lion or the java version. But then i installed Lion on my home mac mini, and everything worked pefectly, and java wasn't crashing. So i tried to figure out what was wrong in the imac, and the only difference between the 2 computers is that the imac has Displaylink installed.
I uninstalled the displaylink drivers, and tried Prorealtime, and it worked perfectly. So the drivers from displaylink are what are causing the java app to crash.
I've been talking to tech support in ProRealtime, and they say they can't do anything, and it's all a problem with the Displaylink BETA drivers.

Can anyone please help me, and tell me if there's something i can do or configure in order to be working with my 3rd screen (which i only use for ProRealtime, along with the 2nd one). Right now, i've uninstalled the drivers, and have turned off my 3rd screen, waiting for Displaylink to release a final version of the drivers for Lion that will hopefully solve this huge problem.

Any suggestions are welcome.
I can even copy here the full error log Lion gives me when Java crashes (with displaylink installed, without displaylink installed java open perfectly).

Thanks in advance !
hotcha3 is offline   Reply With Quote