View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 03:40 AM   #16
krishkal

Default No joy from Imation either

I sent support mail to Imation (the vendor of the device for which DisplayLink supplies the driver) at the same time as posting my problem here, and they never even bothered to reply to me.

I just left a lengthy negative review on Amazon.com for the Imation Link product, and fingered DisplayLink as the problem. Hopefully, this will generate some negative publicity. I would urge you to do the same - go to any product review forum that has your product for sale, even if you did not purchase it from them (I did not buy mine from Amazon), and write the feedback blaming both the equipment vendor and DisplayLink for not coming through on the advertised "Mac support".

Also, I came across the following post from Seb (A forum admin):
"Again, thank you to everyone one for your support and patience. Oh and of course, if you want to see some significant improvements to our software, please don’t forget to drop Apple a line and speak your mind…

Regards

Seb"

Please go to the Apple Support link and post a complaint about not co-operating with DisplayLink, and how that monopolistic behavior is likely to cause you to lose faith in Apple products. That may help. In some ways just yelling at DisplayLink when their hands are tied by Apple is unfair.

Last edited by krishkal; 12-01-2010 at 03:57 AM. Reason: Added the bit about Apple Support