View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 11:08 PM   #8
tres

Default Same issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishGills View Post
Our Marketing just received 5 i7 17 inch MBPs along with 5 Diamond BVU195s and every single one is having the same kind of issues as the original poster.

The only difference is upon boot, we're seeing alternating dark and light blue bars. We can see the mouse cursor "above" the bars but nothing else.

We boot into safe mode, uninstall the displaylink driver and everything is good.

So, chalk a +5 to this!
I've got a new MacBook Pro i7 with nVidia switching graphics. No matter which driver version I use, if I'm not actually using my DisplayLink adapter, it's completely unusable. Same distorted blue/black lines. Mouse moves, but nothing happens. Safe-mode uninstall still works.

I have to say this is a huge disappointment and I have completely lost my faith in DisplayLink. I've logged several support issues with no response. I work with two external monitors so I have to install and restart when I get to work. When I go home, I have to uninstall and power off.

I've thought about writing an app to just disable the drivers when it's disconnected, however, I'm not that proficient with XCode yet.

Any suggestions?