DisplayLink Forum

DisplayLink Forum (https://displaylink.org/forum/index.php)
-   CLOSED: 5.5 Software Release (https://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   screens never come back from power save mode (https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=450)

Bishbosh02 09-19-2010 06:26 AM

screens never come back from power save mode

1 Attachment(s)
The issue is that my screens never comes back from power save mode.

(the system worked fine before installing Displaylink drivers).

With V5.4 beta I had the same issue so upgrade to 5.5b but the fault changed to my Nvadi Vido driver kept crashing, windows would recover from this issue.

So I upgraded to the latest version of NVIDIA video driver, still have the issue but now have the blank screen again

Control+Alt+Del will bring back the logon screen but if I hit escape it goes blank again, I have to switch users to bring it back.

I have ran the debug tool see file

Wim 09-21-2010 03:56 PM

Hi

Yep - this issue is known about and is being investigated. I've added your logs to the bug we have open. I actually have the same problem on my setup at home, so be assured that I'm keen we get a fix :)

Thanks

Wim

Baldrich 09-21-2010 04:01 PM

wonderful. I'll be happy to have it working!

ronmichael 09-25-2010 09:24 PM

I have this issue too. Please help!

Wim 10-01-2010 01:49 PM

Could you try the latest v5.5 release here, as it contains a fix that may solve this issue.

Thanks

Wim

IsLNdbOi 10-04-2010 07:25 AM

I installed 5.5 when you posted the link up for it in the other thread.

Over the past couple of days, I've experienced this issue many times and it is very, very frustrating.

I had this issue with a MIMO UM-710S and now with a DoubleSight DS-70U.

Wim 10-05-2010 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi (Post 1971)
I installed 5.5 when you posted the link up for it in the other thread.

Over the past couple of days, I've experienced this issue many times and it is very, very frustrating.

I had this issue with a MIMO UM-710S and now with a DoubleSight DS-70U.

Hmmm... That's not good. There must be another problem in there which I want to get to the bottom of.

Could you turn on "Advanced Logging" with the debug tool and gather the logs when it occurs as described here.

Also, does it occur after sleep, or after the screensaver powers down the montiors. Can you recover it by restarting the DisplayLinkManager service, or disconnecting and reconnecting the screen through Windows Display Properties (Not unplugging the screen).

Thanks

Wim

IsLNdbOi 10-05-2010 01:14 PM

I'll get that log going. Can you repost the link? The one just posted goes to some ad website.

Thanks.

Wim 10-06-2010 08:32 AM

Oops... I mis-typed the URL. It's now corrected.

Thanks

Wim

KaxyotiK 10-17-2010 01:31 PM

also having this problem :(
e6410 nvid chip w/ ds 9 inch, win 7 32b

i have to undock and redock for the any external screen to appear

very close to returning and swearing off display link products