DisplayLink Forum

DisplayLink Forum (https://displaylink.org/forum/index.php)
-   Windows Software (https://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Toshiba Dynadock, Qosmio, latest drivers upgrade --> black display (https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=62207)

jborland 11-04-2013 12:49 PM

Toshiba Dynadock, Qosmio, latest drivers upgrade --> black display

3 Attachment(s)
I have a Dynadock, attached to a Toshiba Qosmio, which prior to upgrading to the latest driver set, was displaying on 3 screens (2 24" Asus monitors and the laptop screen) using Windows 8.

I added the latest driver set as indicated by the Dysplaylink software(in the thought that I would upgrade to Win 8.1 soon), and now the second monitor does not display. The system detects the display, indicating the correct model, etc. in the screen resolution setup, but the display stays black (mouse will go there, but no visuals).

I am attaching screen shots of the device manager, as well as the screen resolution, and the Dynalink support files as gathered by the dynalink tool.

jborland 11-11-2013 02:49 PM

So, I upgraded to 8.1 and still have the same issue...

I have upgraded to 8.1 in the hopes that the issue would be fixed, but is not.

Any help would be appreciated.

nedra 11-12-2013 08:14 PM

Dynadock

I have not upgraded to windows 8.1 yet nor have I updated the Dynalink software yet.

I ran the Windows updated app to see if there were going to be any known issues & it showed that the Dynalink software was not compatible.

Now after reading this I think I will wait to do anything until I know that these issues have been resolved. I use an ASUS laptop with another monitor using a Dynadock so I really want to make sure these issues are resolved before I do any upgrading.

JamesH 11-13-2013 03:30 PM

Hi,

Can you upgrade the Nvidia graphics driver?

Thanks,
James

jborland 11-17-2013 11:52 PM

NVIDIA drivers updated

with the ones recommended by the service station (just yesterday).

No change in the problem.

jborland 11-18-2013 02:53 PM

Updating with the latest stuff from Toshiba/Microsoft/Nvidia

Made the problem worse. now, when the displays are disabled by the power saving module, they will not come back on.

JamesH 11-18-2013 04:21 PM

Hi,

Can you try these steps?
1. Disconnect Dynadock
2. Un-install DisplayLink software
3. Run the cleaner tool from here:
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=297
4. Install latest DisplayLink software
5. Reconnect Dynadock

Thanks,
James

jborland 11-18-2013 08:54 PM

Tired that solution, and still no change in the situation

I have unplugged from the dynadock, then uninstalled the displaylink software, then ran the cleaner program.

I then reinstalled the software, and have now attached back to the dynadock, and the situation is still as bleak as it was previously.

And just to add- this is truly a dynadock and displaylink issue. I am able to view all three "displays" when using LogMeIn to get access to the computer.

nedra 11-24-2013 06:51 PM

Dynadock/Display Link problems

Guess I will wait until this problem is resolved before I think about downloading 8.1

JamesH 11-25-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jborland (Post 72227)
I have unplugged from the dynadock, then uninstalled the displaylink software, then ran the cleaner program.

I then reinstalled the software, and have now attached back to the dynadock, and the situation is still as bleak as it was previously.

And just to add- this is truly a dynadock and displaylink issue. I am able to view all three "displays" when using LogMeIn to get access to the computer.

Hi,

Do you still get this issue if disable the Nvidia GPU in the BIOS?

Thanks,
James

luiset83 11-25-2013 06:06 PM

I have a similar issue here:
http://www.displaylink.org/forum/sho...9&postcount=10

This other thread looks to be the same issue:
http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=62267

Seems like the commonality is NVIDIA drivers with the 7.4 M2 software. For me, 7.4 M0 still works (under Windows 8.1) as expected -- link here: http://displaylink.com/support/sla.php?fileid=98 This is a temporary workaround until DisplayLink sorts out their NVIDIA bug...

jborland 11-26-2013 11:12 PM

Not to seem dense, but

How would one disable the GPU in BIOS?

My machine has had windows 8 shipped on it. I used the UEFI method of getting to the BIOS screen, but there were no options there to make any changes to the display or video cards.

JamesH 11-27-2013 08:45 AM

Hi,

Thanks for trying - I've checked and this looks like another issue that is fixed in the next release due out in the first half of December.

Thanks,
James

jborland 11-27-2013 11:24 AM

Any chance of getting a beta copy?

I really am quite hampered by this issue.

nedra 11-27-2013 02:04 PM

so when is this issue going to be resolved???

If they are fixing an issue that will be released the beginning of December why on earth can't they fix this issue?

You are not alone in having to deal with this issue :mad:

JamesH 11-27-2013 02:14 PM

Hi,

My previous point was that the issue which has been fixed is identical to this issue so I expect this issue to be fixed as well.

Thanks,
James

nedra 11-27-2013 04:49 PM

Missed the point

Sorry I guess I missed the point. I guess it will be a wait & see. If it does resolve the problem I guess I will download the update & then 8.1

jborland 11-27-2013 04:50 PM

Fyi

I attempted to go backwards as suggested by luiset83. I was able to do so, but the situation has persisted.

nedra 11-30-2013 07:36 PM

Update resolving this issue

Will the members of this thread be notified when this "fix" is available?

jborland 12-06-2013 03:42 PM

Version 7.5M0 is of no help

I happened to see that V7.5M0 was available this morning. I downloaded and installed it. Nothing :(

So, then I uninstalled, ran the "cleaner", and reinstalled (rebooting in between every step).

Nothing. :(

nedra 12-06-2013 03:51 PM

So much for the fix!

Well, that's encouraging....NOT!!!!! :rolleyes:

It's unfortunate that you have to be the guinea pig & suffer from all this frustration.

Hopefully they will figure out the problem & really FIX IT! :D

JamesH 12-09-2013 08:43 AM

Hi,

Sorry - I thought this was fixed - I'm onto this now.

@nedra, please attach the output of this tool:
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269

Thanks,
James

nedra 12-09-2013 02:30 PM

problem not fixed

James. I am not sure what you want me to do. I have not downloaded the windows 8.1 update nor have I attempted to do the same for the Displaylink update that was supposed to fix the problem with the dynadock.

I was waiting for someone to find out if it actually resolved the problem before I subject myself & my computer to this frustration.

I run a business & cannot afford any downtime or issues with the dynadock not working because of an issue with the displaylink update. This is the busiest time of the year for me & there is no way I am risking any downtime due to these unresolved issues.

Nedra

jborland 12-10-2013 10:30 AM

Re run of Support Tool

1 Attachment(s)
James -

I have rerun the support tool, and am attaching the output.

jborland 12-10-2013 02:53 PM

UPDATE: Now working

I went back and redid all the steps for a third time, and it the multi-monitor stuff is now working. these were the steps I used:
unplugged everything from the Dynadock, and rebooted
uninstalled Displaylink, rebooted
ran DisplayLink cleaner tool, rebooted
Reinstalled Nvidia drivers, rebooted
Plugged in all items (Ethernet, keyboard, mouse) to dynadock, rebooted
Plugged two monitors into Dynadock, rebooted

And it is now working.

nedra 12-10-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jborland (Post 72507)
I went back and redid all the steps for a third time, and it the multi-monitor stuff is now working. these were the steps I used:
unplugged everything from the Dynadock, and rebooted
uninstalled Displaylink, rebooted
ran DisplayLink cleaner tool, rebooted
Reinstalled Nvidia drivers, rebooted
Plugged in all items (Ethernet, keyboard, mouse) to dynadock, rebooted
Plugged two monitors into Dynadock, rebooted

And it is now working.

I am assuming the cleaner tool is on the website.
Where do I get the Nvidia drivers?

I will try this when I get the cast off my hand on Thursday.