DisplayLink Forum

DisplayLink Forum (https://displaylink.org/forum/index.php)
-   Mac Software (https://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Command+tab application switcher rendering (https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=68440)

brianWreaves 09-26-2022 03:24 AM

Command+tab application switcher rendering

TL;DR
I'm troubleshooting why the command+tab application switcher window renders on my left monitor instead of the centre monitor, which I have set as "Main Display". It was working as expected until I swapped the order of my monitors and I cannot find a method to switch the rendering back to the centre.

Any suggestions on what I can try to move the application switcher back to the centre monitor? Is this even a DisplayLink issue, perhaps a macOS issue?
END TL;DR

My setup
  • MacBook Air (MBA) 13", Early 2015, Monterey v12.5.1
  • Docking station: DELL D3000, via MBA USB
  • DisplayLink v1.7.1
  • 3 screen setup:
  1. Left: DELL U2417H, using HDMI in portrait, extended
  2. Centre: Asus PB278Q, using DVI in landscape, extended, as "Main Display"
  3. Right: MBA
Bit of history

I'm not sure is there may be some sort of residual configuration not being removed and causing this issue, so sharing this info to help troubleshoot
  • Started with Samsung BX2440 (No HDMI) through MBA Thunderbolt port to DVI via adapter in landscape, extended to the right without DisplayLink with MBA as "Main Display"
  • Added a 3rd monitor and change the setup:
  1. Left: Asus PB278Q, using HDMI in portrait, extended and from DELL D3000
  2. Centre: Samsung BX2440 using DVI in landscape as "Main Display", and extended from DELL D3000
  • When I started using this setup, the application switcher window was rendering on the centre Samsung monitor as I would expect
  • However, having the Asus 27" monitor in portrait was too high and thus I swapped them to:
  1. Left: Samsung BX2440 using DVI in portrait, and extended from DELL D3000
  2. Centre: Asus PB278Q, using HDMI in landscape, extended from DELL D3000, as "Main Display"
  • This is when the application switcher window started rendering on the left monitor
  • I have since upgraded my left monitor to the DELL U2417H to the setup mentioned above
  • With macOS's "Displays", I have tried swapping the order of screens and no matter the order the application switcher always renders on the left screen.

Any suggestions on what I can try next to move the application switcher back to the centre monitor?

Cheers!

brianWreaves 10-03-2022 09:26 PM

DisplayLink team, any suggestions?

Does this sound like a DisplayLink or macOS issue? Is there a method to clear/change/delete a setting/file to refresh which monitor the application switcher renders?

brianWreaves 02-10-2023 04:14 AM

Ok, well thanks for the assistance DL...

In case anyone else might need to know this in in the future, I found the issue. I had the Dock & Menu Bar >> Position on screen: set to "Left". Unfortunately Apple assigns the Application Switcher to that option instead of following the display set as "Main display".