DisplayLink Forum

DisplayLink Forum (https://displaylink.org/forum/index.php)
-   Windows Software (https://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Difficult to recognize my Targus ACP70EU (https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=63407)

Benjiiim 10-31-2014 08:35 PM

Difficult to recognize my Targus ACP70EU

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

I loved my Targus ACP70EU device, until it makes me loose between 5 and 20 minutes a day...

It is now very difficult to have Windows recognize the dock.
If I turn on the computer with the USB connected, I can be sure that the device won't be recognized (only USB working, external screens and network not working). Same thing if I plug the device while the computer is on.
To make it work, I need to unplug/plug the power. Sometime once is enough, sometime I need to do it 20+ times to have it work...

The issue occurred with Win 8.1 Update, Win 10 Build 9860, with the last 3 or 4 displaylink drivers (including the last alpha build).
In the meantime, I have no issue with the same laptop with my ACP71EU at work.

You can find the log attached.
Can you help?

Thanks a lot

Wim 11-04-2014 01:37 PM

This sounds like a hardware problem. Please contact Targus about this issue.

Wim

docurmel 11-05-2014 07:17 AM

Exact the same problems ...

I do have exactly the same problems as this guy ... with two different TARGUS ACP70EU ... so it seems that this could be a driver problem ...:mad:
Or could it be a problem with the firmware? Is there a tool to read out the firmware version? Or is there the possibilitiy for a downgrade of the firmware?
I get really mad about it ... sometimes it will work ... sometimes not ... a formely good part turns into a problem :-((

Wim 11-05-2014 05:30 PM

If the device is not being recognised, it is most likely hardware. The fact the ACP71 works and the ACP70 doesn't also shows that this is less likely to be a driver problem and due to the ACP70.

I would suggest contacting Targus about this.

Wim

TargusLevel3 11-06-2014 01:21 AM

Exchange the ACP70EU

Benjiiim,

I concur with Wim. Please contact your place of purchase or Targus UK for an exchange of the ACP70EU.

docurmel 11-06-2014 07:03 AM

Sorry to say ...

...but if my TWO different ACP70EU are not working (I bought them in July 2012 - they are for sure out of garanty) - it must be coinsidence that both of them are fail at the same time ... ;-)

Also they have exact the same Problem as the ACP71 ... they are recognized ... but only from time to time and only if I disconnect, reconnect, disconnect, reconnect, ..., them ...

So how to proof if they are damaged ...? Or does TARGUS check them both for free and - if they are damaged - change them for free? :-)

docurmel 11-09-2014 06:20 AM

Hello? Any answers?

Again: works (wonder!) fine for antother time > take the Laptop to my office with a normal HDMI Monitor plugged in > came back to home office with the TARGUS Dock plugged in > doesn't work :-(

So sometimes it will work, sometimes not ... doesn't seem to be a hardware problem ... seems more like a "recognize" problem ...

Any solutions? Or does TARGUS change my two docks for free, as both are not working? ;-)

Hope to get an answer soon ... also because I do miss the beauty of a 1+2 Monitor surrounding ... also as it worked for more than 1 year!

Benjiiim 11-11-2014 04:21 PM

Thanks Wim, Thanks TargusLevel3.

docurmel 11-16-2014 02:22 PM

Problem solved ...

Bought a Displaylink Plugable and it worked ... so both (= two!) Targus ACP70EU are damaged after only 2 Years ... allways the best to buy the Original ...

jfinnigan 01-11-2015 12:51 AM

Wow.. having problems with the Targus acp71usz I just bought. Sounds like these are very unreliable units (and Targus Docks in general). Very disappointing. Any reports on how well the Plugable UD-3900 is working? I'm thinking of possibly getting one but the fact that these things (espcially Targus versions) seems to have constant problems even when working and a very high failure rate have me scared to try an Puggable Dock.