DisplayLink Forum

DisplayLink Forum (https://displaylink.org/forum/index.php)
-   Mac Software (https://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Dell D6000 issues with 2 screens MacBook M1 (https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=68643)

jimrudd 02-16-2023 09:22 PM

Dell D6000 issues with 2 screens MacBook M1

Hi

Ive been using a Dell D6000 with 2 LG screens for ages with no issues

Recently started using my MacBook Pro M1 2020 (Ventura 13.2.1) with these screens (LG27UL850W) via the D6000 dock and the experience has been patchy to say the least

Main issues are:

Only one screen recognised

When 2 screens are recognised, 1 will be perfect with no issues and 1 will be grainy/blurry

Need to disable DisplayLink Manager multiple times and unplug USB C cable from Mac on multiple occasions to get anything to work

Nearly impossible to wake the computer up when in clamshell mode

Takes about 10 minutes each day to get the bloody thing to work!

Thought it was firmware on the D6000 so upgrade that (on my old laptop as cant be done on mac) but that doesnt help

Getting close to flogging the mac at this stage now and getting Mac Mini M2 that natively supports 2 displays

Any ideas how to resolve this?

Thanks a lot !
Jim

KatarzynaCzaja 02-17-2023 09:55 AM

Hello,

Please follow the steps here to gather logfiles that will help us understand the issue a bit better:
How to report macOS issues to DisplayLink

You can post the logs here or send them directly to our support team for speedy response to: technical-enquiries@synaptics.com

Thank you.

jimrudd 02-17-2023 10:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the reply

Ive downloaded the support tool and run it and ive enclosed the output files here

Currently the screens are working ok but i had to quit DisplayLink manager several times and had to unplug the USBC several times too

Thank you

jimrudd 02-17-2023 10:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Now the 1st screen is all blurry and extended screen is perfectly crisp

ive redone the log files for you

KatarzynaCzaja 02-17-2023 11:27 AM

Hello,

The logfiles show that the two available monitors are running in 1920x1080 resolution, is this correct?
Is this the resolution you would like to use?

As for the logfiles I will need them to be gathered when the monitors are not working - so before you recover from the issue as now I see that everything is working. Also there is a lot of other events in the logfiles that are not related and I would like to narrow down the number of information in the log so please clear/reset those.

Do that while the issue is happening - run the DisplayLink Support Tool and in the upper left top corner of the menu bar you will see Advanced. Expand it and select Clear logs and reset verbosity. After the process finishes if the issue is still ongoing please run the tool to gather the logfiles again. if not, then reproduce the issue.

Thank you

jimrudd 02-17-2023 11:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi

The monitors are 4K that run up to 3840 x 2160 - ive not adjusted the resolution settings

Ive cleared the log on the support tool and run it again - currently screen 1 is blurry and screen 2 is crystal clear for me

ive attached the log files again

Thank you

jimrudd 02-17-2023 11:54 AM

if i change the resolution to 3840 x 2160 everything goes really small on both screens

jimrudd 02-20-2023 05:58 PM

Is there any update on my issues?? Do you have any other suggestions following the additional files I had sent?

Thank you

KatarzynaCzaja 02-21-2023 01:01 PM

We have reached out to this user directly via email and will continue support this way.

plasticine 03-20-2023 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatarzynaKowalczyk (Post 95019)
We have reached out to this user directly via email and will continue support this way.

OK and did support reach a positive conclusion to jimrudd problem?

I have a very similar setup as him but I'm postponing my upgrade of macOS just because of this issue reported in this thread.

My current setup:

Device: MacBook Pro M1 2020
DisplayLink manager version: 1.6.1
DisplayLink Device:
Dell D6000S
2 X LG UltraFine Ergo 27UN880-B connected by DisplayPort