DisplayLink Forum

DisplayLink Forum (https://displaylink.org/forum/index.php)
-   Mac Software (https://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Macbook Pro M2 and Kensington SD4900P (https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=68584)

thejamesjones 01-13-2023 01:37 PM

Macbook Pro M2 and Kensington SD4900P

Hello,

First, thanks for reading and helping if you can.

I have:

- Macbook Pro (13-inch, M2, 2022)
- Kensington Triple 4k Display Docking Station (SD4900P)
- Sceptre 27" Slim IPS Full HD LED Monitor (E275W-FPT)

Yes, that is two of the same monitor, not a typo.

I am currently running:
- MacOS Monterey (12.4)
- DisplayLink Manager 1.8.0 (Build 163.63)

When I first bought the device in September 2022, I hooked everything up vis HDMI 1 and HDMI 2, and I could see 3 screens. The Macbook, and two external displays.

From time to time, after going to sleep or rebooting, I can only get one of the external displays to work. Currently, I can only get one display to work, even after rebooting.

I have swapped the cables between HDMI port 1 and 2, and believe I can rule out an issue with the cables.

The Kensington appears to only work if there is a monitor plugged into port 1, then it will allow port 2. I cannot just plug in a single HDMI cable into port 2, with nothing in port 1.

From the Display Link Manager Home screen, I see "No DisplayLink-enabled display detected"

I am at a loss for what the issue could be and why it is no longer detecting the monitor.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Macenjoyer 03-20-2023 04:20 PM

Resolution? I am having issues with the SD4900P

Hi, any resolution here?

I am experiencing the same issues, I had no trouble with my SD4900P before January but it's been bad ever since. It's a DisplayLink issue that can't seem to be resolved. Anyone know how to help?

Quote:

Originally Posted by thejamesjones (Post 94834)
Hello,

First, thanks for reading and helping if you can.

I have:

- Macbook Pro (13-inch, M2, 2022)
- Kensington Triple 4k Display Docking Station (SD4900P)

Yes, that is two of the same monitor, not a typo.

I am currently running:
- MacOS Monterey (12.4)
- DisplayLink Manager 1.8.0 (Build 163.63)

When I first bought the device in September 2022, I hooked everything up vis HDMI 1 and HDMI 2, and I could see 3 screens. The Macbook, and two external displays.

From time to time, after going to sleep or rebooting, I can only get one of the external displays to work. Currently, I can only get one display to work, even after rebooting.

I have swapped the cables between HDMI port 1 and 2, and believe I can rule out an issue with the cables.

The Kensington appears to only work if there is a monitor plugged into port 1, then it will allow port 2. I cannot just plug in a single HDMI cable into port 2, with nothing in port 1.

From the Display Link Manager Home screen, I see "No DisplayLink-enabled display detected"

I am at a loss for what the issue could be and why it is no longer detecting the monitor.

Your help is greatly appreciated.