DisplayLink Forum

DisplayLink Forum (https://displaylink.org/forum/index.php)
-   Windows Software (https://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   DisplayLink adapter does not show the whole display (https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=64756)

PLS 09-03-2016 05:32 PM

DisplayLink adapter does not show the whole display

Hello,

i am using the USB to HDMI/VGA DisplayLink adapter of Lenovo with the newest Win10 and the ThinkPad L460.

When I want to connect my display with HDMI to the TV, I only see background image and the task bar. So I do not see desktop icons and any programs I started like a browser.

Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem please?

Thank you very mich!
Best regards
PLS

AlbanRampon 09-05-2016 03:15 PM

Hello,

This is probably because you are using extended desktop and your displays are not duplicated/cloned.

Here is an article on how to use the Windows settings to use this feature.

Multiple Displays - Change Settings and Layout in Windows 10

Regards,
Alban

PLS 09-15-2016 04:45 PM

Hello,

no, I am not usind extended desktop,
Do you have another idea?

Thank you
PLS

AlbanRampon 09-15-2016 04:50 PM

Hello PLS,

What are you using?
Could you please post a photo so I can better understand what is taking place?

Kind regards,
Alban

Hamurabi 09-21-2016 02:02 PM

Same problem here

Hi!

Looks like I'm in a similar situation.

After the 1607 upgrade, and DL M2 driver, I installed the latest Intel HD driver (win64_154028.4501).

The current situation is, I can't swith to "External display only" becouse I can only see the background image and the task bar. I can't see the mouse pointer, and nothing move or animate. Like a screenshoot.

But.

If I switched back to the "Clone display" mode, everything working fine. I can see the whole desktop, twice. :-). "Extending display" also working as expected.

And the LAGS... Horrible.

AlbanRampon 09-21-2016 02:51 PM

The external display only issue is likely to be the OS one we have been dealing with under the thread called with lag in the title. The fact you only see the issue in replace mode seems to confirm it is the same problem.
We are waiting for the OS fix to be back-ported to Windows 10 v1607. It has been rolled out on Windows Insiders Program who use the next version of Windows 10.
For DisplayLink driver, there is no difference if we are the only monitor, or if there are 1+ panels connected to the graphics card.

jkramer1996 09-28-2016 07:19 PM

Resolution Problem As Well

After the most recent Windows update I experienced the same problem with not seeing the taskbar. However, it is possible to guess where the icons are and click on them. The resolution on my monitors has also been affected. Text now appears pixelated and photo quality is diminished. How long until fix. This is miserable to work on. Other company users are having similar problems with the same D3100 since Windows upgrade.

AlbanRampon 09-29-2016 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkramer1996 (Post 81347)
After the most recent Windows update I experienced the same problem with not seeing the taskbar. However, it is possible to guess where the icons are and click on them. The resolution on my monitors has also been affected. Text now appears pixelated and photo quality is diminished. How long until fix. This is miserable to work on. Other company users are having similar problems with the same D3100 since Windows upgrade.

Hello, from what I read in the other posts, they can all see the Taskbar.
Having the logs as described in my forum signature along with a photo (from mobile phone for instance) and a screenshot (from using Print Screen key) will be necessary to progress as I have not seen such report from anyone using a monitor. TV would need over scan disabled as they naturally zoom in from the old days of analogue broadcasts on CRT.

Kind regards,
Alban

jkramer1996 09-29-2016 04:02 PM

Overscan, poor resolution, lagging

1 Attachment(s)
The overscan setting fixed the primary issue as I am using 32-inch Samsung TVs. However, the resolution is still poor and system lagging some. Did not have these issues before the recent Windows 10 upgrade.

AlbanRampon 09-29-2016 04:14 PM

Thank you for the logs.
It looks like the computer and dock believe they are sending the resolution the monitor advertises supporting. 1920x1080p60 (@148.50 MHz)
Would you please be able to send me the photo so I can have an idea of where the issue is coming from?
Also, what configuration/layout are you using? (replace, duplicate, replace) You can paste a screenshot of the Windows Display Settings if you wish as it may be simpler than explaining.
Regards,
Alban