DisplayLink Forum

DisplayLink Forum (https://displaylink.org/forum/index.php)
-   Windows Software (https://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   D6000 on Dell Inspiron 13 5379 (https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=66166)

mosheva 06-18-2018 12:43 PM

D6000 on Dell Inspiron 13 5379

Hi,

My laptop spec is I7-8550U with 4 cores and 8GB of RAM and yet the D6000 displaylink feels very laggy when using it with 4K monitor which is connected to my laptop USB 3.0.

all drivers are up to date.

in addition, my intel HD620 is not detecting the displaylink.. is it OK?

Hope that you will help me solve this issue.

best.

astruzyna 06-19-2018 10:14 AM

Hello Mosheva,

Thank you for describing your issue. To better understand the problem/cause behind it I require some additional information. Please follow the third link in my signature and reply with Windows Support Log Files (.zip). These files will allow me to analyse your issue.

Kind regards,
Aga S

mosheva 06-19-2018 10:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank.. files attached...

astruzyna 06-19-2018 01:25 PM

Hello,

It appears as there might be USB connection issues. Can you please try the following:
  • Plug the dock into a different USB port - This will confirm that there is not an issue with the original USB port
  • Plug the dock into a USB 2.0 port or a USB 2.0 extension cable to force the dock to enumerate down to USB 2.0 mode - This will confirm if there is an issue on the USB 3.0 path
  • Enable flight mode or disable WiFi, some Wireless AC cards are known to interfere with USB 3 traffic
  • Does the device behave the same when plugged into another computer? - This will confirm if the issue lays with the original computer or dock.
  • Ensure the computer power settings are set to "High Performance" including the GPU settings to Maximum
  • Are there any errors in the Device Manager against the device? If yes, what are they?

Please let me know if any of these steps improved the performance.

Aga S

mosheva 06-21-2018 08:39 AM

I've tried every thing and still no good.
my laptop feels very laggy CPU usage is very high with every app that is running on my external monitor.

the D6000 itself is very warm...

I've tried with a displayport / hdmi cable still no good.

a $250 device which is a door brick...

mosheva 06-21-2018 09:55 AM

I've found that when I don't use the windows app scaling and keep the scaling 100% it is much much much better and almost like using with direct HDMI cable... 4K 60Hz.

The downside is that items are very very small with 27" 4K resolution...

Please let me know if there's a way to fix it with 150% scaling.

mosheva 07-02-2018 08:21 AM

Guys using the display port is getting really annoying.. everything is very laggy no matter what... it is very hard to work like this...

please let me know what else should I try... it's slows me down...