DisplayLink Forum

DisplayLink Forum (https://displaylink.org/forum/index.php)
-   Mac Software (https://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   DisplayLink mirroring/extended mix after Catalina Update (https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=66858)

amirabdi 07-17-2020 07:58 PM

I have the same issue on Mac 10.15.3 (mouse moving as extended, but actually mirroring).
Display driver 5.2.4

Solution: I downgraded to 5.2.1 and problem was resolved.

holyzod 07-18-2020 07:39 AM

I am having the same issues - mouse moving as extended between the external displays, but imag is
mirroring.

my setup:
- MacBookPro 2019 (16") on MacOS Catalina 10.15.6
- Internal display
- 2x Lenovo external displays (LEN T23i-10) connected via StarTech USB hub (USB3DOCKH2DP)
- DisplayLink Driver 5.2.4 (82) installed.

holyzod 07-18-2020 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holyzod (Post 90342)
I am having the same issues - mouse moving as extended between the external displays, but imag is
mirroring.

my setup:
- MacBookPro 2019 (16") on MacOS Catalina 10.15.6
- Internal display
- 2x Lenovo external displays (LEN T23i-10) connected via StarTech USB hub (USB3DOCKH2DP)
- DisplayLink Driver 5.2.4 (82) installed.

I tried to un-install and install 5.2.1 of DisplayLink Driver - but it failed on MacOS 10.15.6 saying that its incompatible.

Since this is a company-managed device I cannot rollback to MacOS to 10.15.5.

.. so now I am stuck with DisplayLink Manager App 1.0.0 with no clamshell mode. :( :(

klough7 07-22-2020 11:38 PM

Not an expert, please help?

Hi there,

I am always trying to figure things out on my own and troubleshoot, but I'm no expert, and I am absolutely stuck.

Macbook Air 10.15.6 Catalina
I had Display Link 5.2.4, but when my Mac automatically downloaded Catalina, I experienced the same mirroring/extension problem as y'all. At first I thought it was the Screen Recording Permission or the kext, but both of those were fine.

Then I read on this forum that someone simply reinstalled 5.2.1 and the problem went away. I just tried that, but now I have more problems than I did with 5.2.4. Now my monitors are not receiving any signal at all. Plus, now the DisplayLink kext is NOT loaded.

So I tried to follow the steps to load it, but I do not get the dialogue box saying it has been blocked.

So I follow the next steps saying to go to System Preferences > Privacy > General and there I should find an alert that the Display Link extension has been blocked and I am to click "allow." It is not there. There is no alert saying that the extension has been blocked.

Some of you are mentioning Beta 2 and logs. I am not an expert and I am at my wits' end. Can you please help me get my double screens extended again (not mirroring)?

Please help a teacher not lose her mind? Thank you!

jimmyjamesred 07-23-2020 08:26 AM

I am also having the display clone issue post 10.15.6 update. I tried installing 5.2.4 which clones the displays. I tried rolling back to 5.2.1 and I get the 'DisplayLinkDriver.kext' is not compatible with this version of macOS error after install.

MacBook Pro
Dell K20A USB-C Dock