DisplayLink Forum

DisplayLink Forum (https://displaylink.org/forum/index.php)
-   Windows Software (https://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Latest DisplayLink drivers and DirectX fullscreen errors (https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=61962)

mjh 08-28-2013 11:21 PM

Latest DisplayLink drivers and DirectX fullscreen errors

1 Attachment(s)
After the latest drivers (also tried the June drivers), DirectX is having fullscreen issues and various games (notably Skyrim and Rift) won't launch in fullscreen mode (they error out). This did not happen in the past. I do see that other threads in the recent (4 to 6 months) have experienced similar issues.

Any ideas? Support debug log attached.

JamesH 08-29-2013 06:15 PM

Hi,

Do you recall which version of DisplayLink software this was previously working with?

Thanks,
James

mjh 08-30-2013 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesH (Post 70946)
Do you recall which version of DisplayLink software this was previously working with?

I'm not sure of the exact version, but, when I started having the error, I noticed that my driver was dated in June (I assume I had 7.3 M1 installed), and I then noticed that there was 7.4 out, so, I updated to that... I'm going to try installing 7.2 M1 and see if that helps (and will reply here after I try)

mjh 08-30-2013 03:08 AM

BTW - just tried going back to 7.2 M1, 7.1, and back to 7.0 even (after a full uninstall and reboot each), and no dice.

While I was there, I also tried uninstalling all DisplayLink drivers and just trying without any DisplayLink drivers installed, and yes - this allows DirectX games to run in fullscreen mode without error, so, without changing anything else, I'm pretty sure it's the DisplayLink pieces causing the issue.

Ferroh 08-30-2013 12:20 PM

Displaylink,

I would really appreciate some feedback on the status of this well known issue. My docking station is stored and collecting dust until it's fixed.

Thank you.

Vald 08-30-2013 10:01 PM

This is a known issue and has been for some time. I wouldn't hold your breath.

JamesH 09-01-2013 10:02 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the information - I'll raise this internally tomorrow.

Thanks,
James

Tvede 09-03-2013 02:59 PM

I have personally experinced something similar, with the 7.4 version, where instead it was a direct3d error (internally) happening in Battlefield 3. When running though debugger, the stack trace revealed that there was some sort of retangular copying, which later caused a crash. (installing version 7.3 fixes the problem.. )

mjh 09-06-2013 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesH (Post 70970)
Thanks for the information - I'll raise this internally tomorrow.

Thanks,
James

Hi James -

Just wanted to check and see if there was any findings / outcomes on this. Thanks!

JamesH 09-06-2013 03:58 PM

Hi,

Nothing to report just yet but will keep you posted.

Thanks,
James