DisplayLink Forum

DisplayLink Forum (https://displaylink.org/forum/index.php)
-   Mac Software (https://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Using DisplayLink dock will hang my M2 (https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=68563)

heldmar 12-27-2022 08:55 PM

Using DisplayLink dock will hang my M2

Hello,

I have a UD-3900 from Plugable, which used DisplayLink software. I have used it with Windows, Ubuntu Linux and had no issues for a while, since the last upgrades made.

Recently I have switched to work in a Mac, specifically a M2 Macbook Air and it has the latest OS Ventura 13. It works, but 60% of the time, it causes some of my apps to hang, specially the browser (Google Chrome). I say the culript is the DisplayLink, because it only happens when I have my Mac plugged into the dock, and normally when it goes to sleep and then wakes up again, after few minutes of usage it shows the "color wheel spinner" which basically says a process is currently hung and freezes the specific application where that happens.

It sometimes happens with some other applications, not only the web browser, it has happened even with Safari browser, it's hard to say it is an app causing this, but what is always common is having the Mac plugged into the dock and coming back from the sleep.

Has this occurred to someone else?

DanielSznicer 01-12-2023 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heldmar (Post 94752)
Hello,

I have a UD-3900 from Plugable, which used DisplayLink software. I have used it with Windows, Ubuntu Linux and had no issues for a while, since the last upgrades made.

Recently I have switched to work in a Mac, specifically a M2 Macbook Air and it has the latest OS Ventura 13. It works, but 60% of the time, it causes some of my apps to hang, specially the browser (Google Chrome). I say the culript is the DisplayLink, because it only happens when I have my Mac plugged into the dock, and normally when it goes to sleep and then wakes up again, after few minutes of usage it shows the "color wheel spinner" which basically says a process is currently hung and freezes the specific application where that happens.

It sometimes happens with some other applications, not only the web browser, it has happened even with Safari browser, it's hard to say it is an app causing this, but what is always common is having the Mac plugged into the dock and coming back from the sleep.

Has this occurred to someone else?

Hello,

Can you please share more details I will need logfiles to check the feedback from the driver. For instructions on how to gather the logfiles please navigate to the following article How to report macOS issues to DisplayLink

And aslo for speedy support please send an email with the logfiles and detailed problem description to: technical-enquiries@synaptics.com[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

heldmar 01-12-2023 10:45 AM

Thank you!

I will definitely produce a report and send directly to that email address and keep communication through that channel.