DisplayLink Forum

DisplayLink Forum (https://displaylink.org/forum/index.php)
-   Windows Software (https://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Dell D6000 - Not recognizing G-Sync, DP-only monitor (https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=66612)

joe_t 05-17-2019 01:33 AM

Dell D6000 - Not recognizing G-Sync, DP-only monitor

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

I'm using a Dell D6000 with an XPS15 notebook. I have two monitors, a Dell U2715H and Acer XB270HU. The Dell is 1440/60hz. The Acer is 1440/144hz with G-Sync and a single DisplayPort (note that I'm not expecting G-Sync or 144hz to work via the dock).

I have both monitors connected to the dock via DisplayPort, but only the Dell is working -- the Acer is not recognized at all and doesn't show up in Device Manager. I've tried swapping the ports that the monitors are plugged into on the dock and get the same behavior. I'm able to use the Acer (with the same cable) on my desktop.

I've gone through the basic troubleshooting steps as far as uninstalling/reinstalling drivers, and making sure all my laptop's drivers are up-to-date.

I've attached my logs here -- please let me know if there's any other information I can provide.

-Joe

joe_t 08-04-2019 10:01 PM

====================
Bump

AndrewJDawson 08-06-2019 08:45 AM

Hi Joe,

Thanks for getting in touch with your issue and apologies for the delayed response. Have you tried connecting just the Acer monitor to the dock and seeing if you get a signal on it from that?

Has this set up ever worked or is it a new configuration?

Kind regards,
Andrew

pav77 09-10-2019 08:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello, I am having the same problem. I have XPS 9575 2in1 the newest model and Dell Universal D6000 Docking station. I have ACER XB321 with G sync but when using it with DisplayPort I get no Signal. I tried with the HDMI cable - its working but on 24HZ which is unbearable for the money I spend on this equipment. Please HELP!

AndrewJDawson 09-16-2019 01:50 PM

Thanks for the logs. It looks like you have an HP Omen 27" monitor which uses GSync. We have found that some of these are out of spec on DisplayPort and I think this is what is causing the issue you are seeing. We are working to see what further things we can do to support GSync monitors which do not appear to fully adhere to the DisplayPort spec, but cannot commit to being able to work around this at this time. I'm afraid at the moment you would need to use a different monitor with the DisplayPort outputs on the D6000 dock.

Sorry I wasn't able to be of more help!

AlbanRampon 09-25-2019 03:41 PM

Hello Joe, Pav,

We are preparing something that would be useful to you on these problematic displays.
May I start private tickets with you for when we have something to share?

Kind regards,
Alban

martindaunfeldt 05-14-2020 01:47 PM

Same issue.

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

I have the same issue with a Asus-pg278q using an lenovo P52s though both its proprietary docking station and a targus docking station.

Newest install of displaylink 9.3.3324.0 does not solve the issue.
Reseting the screen to default settings does not solve the issue.
Neither does updating intel graphics drivers nor installing latest thunderbolt + Usbc firmware.
Nor does a bios update solve the issue.

Saw that in your latest release you mentioned having added support for these "out of spec" displayport displays, but it does not seem to cover my monitor?

Is there a displaylink-log anywhere i can view?

bitterXend 07-15-2023 08:41 PM

Did this ever get resolved? I have the exact same dock and screen.