DisplayLink Forum

DisplayLink Forum (https://displaylink.org/forum/index.php)
-   Linux and Open Source (https://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Linux 5.9 and Display Link (https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=67372)

RobstaRobotard 01-04-2021 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobstaRobotard (Post 91275)
I've put together a build script that I use already for my Ubuntu setup... Working for 5.9.16, and just installing 5.10.4 to test that too... But the results from above already speak for themselves... (Thank you bro :) )

Hopefully this can simplify the process...

It downloads the current DisplayLink, then updates the EVDI folder from the above instructions...

https://github.com/robotard/setup-ub...kdownloader.sh

You may also need to run this to start the service after reboot:

sudo systemctl start displaylink-driver.service

Let me know if it helps :)

I could probably expand upon it to check whether the current Displaylink is above 5.3.1.34 and install that without the need for any patches, but that's on DisplayLink to fix their sh$t first...

RobstaRobotard 01-04-2021 02:24 AM

Hopefully updated the script for newer DisplayLink releases...

Please let me know if it works for you and always...

** Test with your own care**

andy_g 01-04-2021 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobstaRobotard (Post 91275)
I've put together a build script that I use already for my Ubuntu setup... Working for 5.9.16, and just installing 5.10.4 to test that too... But the results from above already speak for themselves... (Thank you bro :) )

Hopefully this can simplify the process...

It downloads the current DisplayLink, then updates the EVDI folder from the above instructions...

https://github.com/robotard/setup-ub...kdownloader.sh

[AS PER BELOW - I've updated my script to allow for newer DisplayLink updated to not be automatically be patched]

##IMPORTANT##
You may also need to run this to start the service after reboot:

sudo systemctl start displaylink-driver.service

Let me know if it helps :)

Thanks for this but I'm getting a 404 trying to download your script?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nvergontbij (Post 91259)
As per January, 1st 2021, all changes have been pushed to branch v.1.7.x: #225.
...
Tested on Ubuntu 20.04, kernel version 5.10.2 (-surface).
Hope that helps.

Yep that works perfect for me on 5.10.4 0 - thanks so much!

GeFar 01-04-2021 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy_g (Post 91278)
Thanks for this but I'm getting a 404 trying to download your script?


Yep that works perfect for me on 5.10.4 0 - thanks so much!


20.10 + 5.10.4 = Still does not work for me:
https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=67495

Sympthoms are exactly the same (I see monitors plugged to the dock... but those all are forced disabled...).
Not a harware problem. (Still wroks fine in Windows, but stopped to work in Linux).

andy_g 01-04-2021 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeFar (Post 91282)
20.10 + 5.10.4 = Still does not work for me:
https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=67495

Sympthoms are exactly the same (I see monitors plugged to the dock... but those all are forced disabled...).
Not a harware problem. (Still wroks fine in Windows, but stopped to work in Linux).

Have you tried following the steps EXACTLY as per post #19 in this thread here as I just did that and it's working fine for me:confused:

GeFar 01-04-2021 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy_g (Post 91283)
Have you tried following the steps EXACTLY as per post #19 in this thread here as I just did that and it's working fine for me:confused:

Yes.
1. De-installed displaylink completly and rebooted.
2. Installed doing exactly these steps and rebooted.
3. No changes for me. (As on video from my post, monitors are forced to be disabled whatever I did)

nvergontbij 01-04-2021 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobstaRobotard (Post 91277)
Hopefully updated the script for newer DisplayLink releases...

Please let me know if it works for you and always...

** Test with your own care**


'There doesn't seem to be anything here...' :)
Is there a chance your ubuntu-setup repo is private? If you want to keep it that way, a gist could get the job done!

GeFar 01-05-2021 12:17 PM

Fixed for me now...

Exact way:
https://displaylink.org/forum/showpo...93&postcount=4

RobstaRobotard 01-07-2021 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nvergontbij (Post 91285)
'There doesn't seem to be anything here...' :)
Is there a chance your ubuntu-setup repo is private? If you want to keep it that way, a gist could get the job done!

Ooh, not intentionally, but just a note that the EVDI one is broken again on 5.10.5...

Works fine on 5.10.4 though...

[EDIT]
The original EVDI one, not from my missing script (adding in a second)

RobstaRobotard 01-07-2021 02:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by GeFar (Post 91294)

This working for 5.10.5 also? I've got as far as 5.10.4 working... 5.10.5 was released on 6/01/21...

Logs attached here...


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.