DisplayLink Forum

DisplayLink Forum (https://displaylink.org/forum/index.php)
-   Mac Software (https://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Not working at login with Monterey 12.4 (https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=68284)

Juan Francisco De Paula 06-01-2022 02:48 PM

Not working at login with Monterey 12.4

1 Attachment(s)
I have the extension installed ok but the second display doesn't turn on until I login...

KatarzynaCzaja 06-02-2022 08:02 AM

Hello,

Can you please tell me what is your DisplayLink powered device exactly?
What if your Mac exactly?
And based on what you wrote - I would like to just make sure, you are using a single external monitor, is that correct?

Juan Francisco De Paula 06-02-2022 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatarzynaKowalczyk (Post 93897)
Hello,

Can you please tell me what is your DisplayLink powered device exactly?
What if your Mac exactly?
And based on what you wrote - I would like to just make sure, you are using a single external monitor, is that correct?

The DisplayLink device is a SIIG USB-C Dual 4K Docking Station with PD (https://www.siig.com/usb-3-1-type-c-...-delivery.html)

MacBook Pro 13-inch 2019.

I'm using a single external monitor Samsung LF22T35.

KatarzynaCzaja 06-03-2022 11:22 AM

After you log in and the screen starts working if you log back out does your screen remain working in the login screen?

Juan Francisco De Paula 06-03-2022 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatarzynaKowalczyk (Post 93910)
After you log in and the screen starts working if you log back out does your screen remain working in the login screen?

If I log out the displays turn off and on and it works at login screen, but when I boot for the first time, it doesn't. Also the apps I have on the Macbook's display (secundary) appear all together on my monitor (primary). I doesn't keep the same distribution...

ctanner0527 06-06-2022 12:47 AM

Having Same Issue with my Display Link

Since i updated to 12.4 my display link and my mac is not working.

I have a macbook pro 2019. Recently updated to 12.4.

My display link does not load at the login screen and now when it is loaded i get the monitor coming in as a pnp monitor. It does not let me adjust at all and gives me a wonky display rate.

I am using a thinkpad displaylink usb c docking station.

Also it is locking my macbook up so i can not change the positions of the screens.

KatarzynaCzaja 06-06-2022 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juan Francisco De Paula (Post 93913)
If I log out the displays turn off and on and it works at login screen, but when I boot for the first time, it doesn't. Also the apps I have on the Macbook's display (secundary) appear all together on my monitor (primary). I doesn't keep the same distribution...

Can you try for testing purposes disable temporarily FielVault and check if the screens work when you first start the Mac in the login screen?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctanner0527
Since i updated to 12.4 my display link and my mac is not working.

I have a macbook pro 2019. Recently updated to 12.4.

My display link does not load at the login screen and now when it is loaded i get the monitor coming in as a pnp monitor. It does not let me adjust at all and gives me a wonky display rate.

I am using a thinkpad displaylink usb c docking station.

Also it is locking my macbook up so i can not change the positions of the screens.

What exactly is your docking station? What brand and model?
Also what and how is everything connected to this dock?
Can you please gather logfiles right after or while the issues are happening?
Follow the steps here to gather the logfiles:
How to report macOS issues to DisplayLink

Thank you

Juan Francisco De Paula 06-10-2022 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatarzynaKowalczyk (Post 93910)

Yes. But on a new boot it doesn't work.

conorlap 10-06-2022 09:48 AM

Same issue here, I have to open the lid of my MBP and close Displaylink manager and reopen it to activate my external monitors