DisplayLink Forum

DisplayLink Forum (https://displaylink.org/forum/index.php)
-   Mac Software (https://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   DisplayLink Manager 1.10 is closing/crashing (https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=69122)

billfanning603 01-30-2024 01:46 PM

DisplayLink Manager 1.10 is closing/crashing

Hi all,

I am using a Mac with OS Sonoma 14.2.1 and DL Manager 1.10.0 Build 117 and for some reason the system is now not connecting when I turn on or dock my Mac. I end up plugging and unplugging my system over and over, and restarting DL over and over and sometimes it clicks, and sometimes it does not.

So the question is - what changed? Is the OS or the new DL version causing this?

and for fun...

How the heck do I resolve this issue????? :eek:

NNV 01-30-2024 03:56 PM

Same issue is happening to me. Just stopped working yesterday. Same OS and DisplayLink Manager version as you.

anupsahu 01-31-2024 05:45 AM

Same issue

Same issue for me too. It has stopped working completely. It is unable to detect my monitor

cpl 01-31-2024 07:44 AM

Same here ... Do we have any solution to get an old version of the driver ?

rboerner 01-31-2024 10:53 AM

If you are encountering unexpected behavior while using a product based on DisplayLink technology and the manufacturer of the original product has not been able to assist you, then the issue can be reported to DisplayLink directly by following the process outlined here --> https://support.displaylink.com/know...to-displaylink

anupsahu 01-31-2024 05:41 PM

Done send details. Hoping for a quick resolution. I am sure there are more people like us

userf32 01-31-2024 06:06 PM

Hello, the same happens to me. The app is randomly shut down, every 15-30 minutes.
I think I updated macOs to Sonoma 14.3 recently.
Macbook Air m1.

candelasmax 01-31-2024 10:36 PM

Also happening to me...

anupsahu 02-01-2024 03:01 PM

Official message from support after following up

Quote:

Unfortunately, this is a problem already known to us, we are currently working on its repair around the middle of the month we plan to release a new version of the driver in which the problem will be already fixed.
Have to wait till a new version is released

MeeBi 02-04-2024 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anupsahu (Post 96488)
Official message from support after following up

Have to wait till a new version is released

Hi All,

It is even worse, my MacBook (14,2, model early 2017) worked fine (Sonoma 14.2.1, OCLP 1.3.0) but since day before yesterday does no longer work with DisplayLink on the 2 Thunderbolt / USB-C ports on the LEFT side of the machice (used for the Brydge USB-C dock). Only the ports on the RIGHT hand side of the Macbook work with DisplayLink.

Note; charging and external connected SDD both work on the ports on the LEFT handsome, only DisplayLink dropped support. After an automatic shutdown after 10-15 minutes, while using the MacBook with 2 external screen through the DisplayLink software and Dell-6000 docking bay.

Paintless 02-06-2024 01:04 PM

This happens to me as well. MacBook Air M2 with Sonoma 14.3 and DL 1.10.0 Build 117. What can I do?

itssr 02-07-2024 07:50 AM

I'm now a little glad that mine is just a terrible lag.

Macbook Air M2 Sonoma 14.3 with DL 1.10.0 build 117

Guess we have to wait for the new version... pity it's taking so long...

mixresults 02-08-2024 03:25 AM

3rd monitor stopped working

My 3rd monitor stopped working recently, and I did do a Sonoma update but worked for at least a week but it was buggy. It is the monitor using the HDMI-only port. Really hope this gets sorted soon.

zubyh 02-09-2024 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mixresults (Post 96504)
My 3rd monitor stopped working recently, and I did do a Sonoma update but worked for at least a week but it was buggy. It is the monitor using the HDMI-only port. Really hope this gets sorted soon.

Exactly the same happened for me, only the HDMI monitor stopped, other two displayport ones work

christian@hunewald.de 02-12-2024 07:03 AM

Same issue with upgrade to 14.3.1

Just installed Mac OS 14.3.1. After installation Displaylink not working anymore. I uninstalled displayling and installed it again - does not work. please help.

christian@hunewald.de 02-12-2024 07:10 AM

Possible workaround

Hi, what I just tried, and it worked, not sure if this is sustainable:

- deactivated screen recording in system privacy settings
- activated scrreen recording
- turned off my displaylink device (startech)
- restart
- waited until displaylink software running
- turned on displaylink device startech
after a few seconds additional screens appeared

itssr 02-12-2024 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itssr (Post 96503)
I'm now a little glad that mine is just a terrible lag.

Macbook Air M2 Sonoma 14.3 with DL 1.10.0 build 117

Guess we have to wait for the new version... pity it's taking so long...

Seems after updating to Sonoma 14.3.1, this has made the scrolling much smoother than before when the lag was quite bad.

Not 100%, but better.

Good luck to those with issues. Can't say I have these on my WavLink Ultra.... good luck

NNV 02-13-2024 06:01 PM

Did y'all try backing down to 1.9 DisplayLink? It was what the Pluggable support team recommended to me.

It's still not working 100% stable like it used to before Sonoma 14.2.1 but for now I am not going to upgrade Sonoma.

housecathank 02-13-2024 10:40 PM

Yes - The older DL v1.9 is working for me, for now. thx

purpledinosaur 02-13-2024 10:40 PM

Sonoma 14.3.1
DisplayLink Manager 1.10.0

My screens are super laggy. So frustrating to work right now. Hope the update comes out soon.

NebojsaCekic 02-14-2024 01:32 PM

Same Here, Sonoma 14.3.1. M3 Max, DisplayLink Manager v.1.10.0 (Build 117). Hope to see update sooner rather than later. Was working fine, now I have to plug it/restart the device (i-tec) several times in order to get it to work. Not sure what makes it "click", though.

housecathank 02-14-2024 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by housecathank (Post 96522)
Yes - The older DL v1.9 is working for me, for now. thx

Well, that did not last long. Took the night off and this morning does not function. Black screens again. DLManager is not recognizing external monitors and I cannot allow coz the system prompt does not appear. Rats!

sschwall1@yahoo.com 02-15-2024 02:40 AM

Same problem

Have two external screens. At first only one was showing, today none. I also use a windows machine on same setup and that works fine, only the MacBook does not work at all. Was fine until yesterday. Any suggestions what to do?

NebojsaCekic 02-15-2024 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NebojsaCekic (Post 96525)
Same Here, Sonoma 14.3.1. M3 Max, DisplayLink Manager v.1.10.0 (Build 117). Hope to see update sooner rather than later. Was working fine, now I have to plug it/restart the device (i-tec) several times in order to get it to work. Not sure what makes it "click", though.

As for OSX systems, this could be workaround, until we get new driver. It seems that turning on "prevent automatic sleeping on power adapter when the display off" prevents further waking issues, once connected with the station. Problem that remains is connecting to it, which is a hit & miss at this point.

johnc64 02-15-2024 10:31 AM

Second Monitor Not Working

Similar experience with the following setup:
  • iMac (M1)
  • 2 LG UltraFine Monitors
  • Belkin TB3 Dock Pro
  • StarTech USBC to DP1.2 Cable & Adapter
  • macOS Sonoma 14.2.1
  • DisplayLink 1.11 (also tried 1.10 & 1.9)

Symptoms:
  • First monitor through Thunderbolt works fine
  • Second (DP1) monitor detected by system settings
  • Second monitor shows only black screen
  • Can move mouse to black screen - just can't see it

NebojsaCekic 02-15-2024 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NebojsaCekic (Post 96529)
As for OSX systems, this could be workaround, until we get new driver. It seems that turning on "prevent automatic sleeping on power adapter when the display off" prevents further waking issues, once connected with the station. Problem that remains is connecting to it, which is a hit & miss at this point.

Nope, reverted to completely disconnecting all monitors, devices after a while.

sschwall1@yahoo.com 02-16-2024 03:40 AM

This fixed it for me!

From DisplayLink tech support:

1 - Download DisplayLink Installation Cleaner for macOS.
https://synaptics.com/products/displ...lation-cleaner

2 - Run End-User Cleaner tool.

3 - Select actions to be performed by the End-User Cleaner tool. All actions are enabled by default to fully clean the workstation. The actions are described further in this paragraph.

4 - Click "Clean" button.

5 - A system prompt will appear, requesting the user to provide password. Please provide the password.

6 - End-User Cleaner tool will proceed with the cleaning. This may take up to few minutes.

7 - Depending on selected options a restart can be or be not needed. If it is not required, the tool can be closed by clicking "OK" button. I restart is required, tool displays the "Restart" button instead. To complete the cleaning process, please click the "Restart" button to reboot the system.

8 - Install again the driver -
https://www.synaptics.com/products/d...ownloads/macos

Relaunch DisplayLink from Applications folder

For me, problem solved.

johnc64 02-19-2024 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sschwall1@yahoo.com (Post 96535)
From DisplayLink tech support:

1 - Download DisplayLink Installation Cleaner for macOS.
https://synaptics.com/products/displ...lation-cleaner

For me, problem solved.

Thank you! This got me back up and running.

One small tweak required for me. I have two external displays for an M1 iMac. I had to swap the connections between the two and then swap them back. I have no idea what this reset, but it worked. Otherwise, I still had a back screen on the DisplayLink adapter screen even though it was recognized.

When I did the connection swap, the DL connected monitor would power on what looked like a backlight, but not show the desktop until the second monitor (TB) was connected and showed the desktop. Then the DL monitor would flicker and display the desktop. When I swapped the cables back to the "correct" configuration, the same thing happened, but now back to "normal".

SITGAJ 02-21-2024 06:21 PM

Same problem on M2 Macbook Pro, Sonoma 14.3.1

Just encountered this problem today, using Dell D6000 docking station. The monitors are on but my Mac is not recognizing them or even connecting to power. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling DisplayLink, rebooting my machine, flipping the USB-C and using each port. I saw that they are working on a new release aimed for mid-February, but it's still not out yet.

SITGAJ 02-21-2024 06:30 PM

Gave this a try but didn't work for me unfortunately.

aAtila 02-23-2024 07:01 AM

I have the same issue as well, tried everything mentioned in the thread nothing helped. Any word from the creators? Or we just wait and hope that they address it in the next release.. quite frustrating..

AlbanRampon 02-23-2024 11:25 PM

Hello,
A few reasons for the app closing unexpectedly and repeatedly have been found.
These are planned to be fixed in the release 1.10.1 expected around 7th March.

This thread is mixing issues and even products without our technology, making it unmanageable.
I've split into a couple of threads from posts in this. However, it would be helpful to have one thread per problem, and have the real full name of the products you are using.
Even better is, along with the description of the problem, to provide the file generate by the support tool as it gives details on the status of what is connected

Regards,
Alban

klarkooi 03-01-2024 08:59 AM

Crashes when 2 external displays are connected

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlbanRampon (Post 96561)
Hello,

This thread is mixing issues and even products without our technology, making it unmanageable.
I've split into a couple of threads from posts in this. However, it would be helpful to have one thread per problem, and have the real full name of the products you are using.
Even better is, along with the description of the problem, to provide the file generate by the support tool as it gives details on the status of what is connected

Regards,
Alban

Hope it will also fix performance and crashes issue especially connected more than 1 external display. I have to disconnect one display and run the DLM before plugin another once is running. So far the older version 1.8.1 appears to be the most stable beside suffering >1 display crash.

noestoyronco 03-05-2024 04:11 PM

Crappy Software

I have been struggling with this horrible app for weeks, constantly losing signal and having to open the lid of the Macbook, reopen this terrible app over and over again throughout the day and today it suddenly stopped working completely, now I can't close the lid because It doesn't send a signal to my monitors.

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled DisplayLinkManager, I also tried with a previous version (1.9) but it is absurd that since October 2023 there has not been an update when the OS is constantly updated.

In short, it has only been getting worse, support made me install another application to send the data and they could only tell me to wait for an update.

Sadly UGREEN hurts its reputation by using such basic software.

therojam 03-07-2024 11:54 AM

[QUOTE=AlbanRampon;96561]Hello,
QUOTE]

today is the march 7th there.

And the version is not found at the download page.

Puffin859 03-12-2024 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlbanRampon (Post 96561)
Hello,

how long we should wait?

AlbanRampon 03-12-2024 09:04 AM

Hello,
The update was posted in the download section and all email subscribers were notified
https://www.synaptics.com/products/d...ownloads/macos
Regards,
Alban

daveed007 03-13-2024 02:17 PM

This update did not solve the issue for me. Happy to post logs if it will help with troubleshooting.

Setup:
M2 Pro Macbook Pro
OWC USB-C Dual HDMI 4K Display Adapter
LG 27UK850

noestoyronco 03-19-2024 02:36 PM

1.10.1 Update did not solve the issue for me.

I'm already thinking about selling this crap.

davss 03-20-2024 12:25 PM

The last update is broken and has some kind of memory leak

After a long sleep when I wake up my MacBook Air M1 2020 it gets unusably slow, jerky mouse and DL icon top right corner gets a spinning wheel when hover the mouse cursor over it - unable to get into the DL's options anymore.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/048Q...5vr7tPwh3RkRDg

Absolutely no changes to configuration or software on my Mac and only upgraded the DL. It's happened already more than once and last time after 10-15 minutes the crashed DL managed to restart itself somehow and everything started to work fine after that so it's 100% DL's fault - some memory leak etc.

EDIT 22/03/204 - I wasn't able to wake my MBA at all yesterday morning and had to hard reboot it by holding the power button on.

MacBook Air M1 2020
macOS 14.3.1 (23D60)
DL drivers 1.10.1 (build 93)