DisplayLink Forum

DisplayLink Forum (https://displaylink.org/forum/index.php)
-   Mac Software (https://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   DisplayLink does not work on sonoma 14.4.1 (https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=69178)

takahiro 04-01-2024 02:11 AM

DisplayLink does not work on sonoma 14.4.1

I updated macOS then displaylink not work. the details are as bellow:

mac arch - M2
macOS - sonoma 14.4.1
displaylink - 1.10.1 build96
displaylink rotation and toggle in displaylink manager - SHARP
displaylink clean tool - DONE

Best Regards

SpaceTintin 04-01-2024 08:19 PM

I am having the same issue.
I updated macOS to 14.4 and noticed it wasn't working. Updating to 14.4.1 did not resolve the issue.

Mac - M1
macOS - Sonoma 14.4.1
USB C Docking Station - Kensington SD4750P
displaylink - 1.10.1 build 96

sholsapple 04-01-2024 09:26 PM

Same problem with Sonoma 14.4.2

Posted below (3/26) - I was just installing Displaylink. My issue describes not being able to get DisplayLink up and running properly after installation:

"I turned on screen reporting for DisplayLink and chose quit/reopen. However, DisplayLink still thinks the setting is off. I confirmed it is still on. I've rebooted turned the setting off/on and done a quit/reopen. I don't know why DisplayLink is not picking up the access. I'm using Sonoma 14.4.1. I'm running DisplayLink Manager 1.10.1 (Build 93)."

I submitted a support ticket, but they have been unable to help much. I created a screen recording for them but did not get an answer on where to upload it. Others at my work found that DisplayLink stopped working once they upgraded to 14.4.1.

beckydoesamovies 04-01-2024 09:49 PM

Displaylink also stopped working for me when I updated to Sonoma 14.4.1

Steph 04-03-2024 10:47 AM

Same for me...
MBP i7
Somona 14.4.1.
Dell d6000 docking station

Only one of 2 external screens displayed - Samsung. The one connected over display port is staying black ie. not appearing in the display management extension of the Mac.

wesbite 04-03-2024 10:59 AM

mac arch - M2
macOS - sonoma 14.4.1
Dell d6000 docking station

Using 2 external monitors. Previously 1 connected with HDMI and another DP -> After Sonoma update only HDMI worked. Tried many things but "fixed" by only using DP for both monitor.

rboerner 04-03-2024 11:02 AM

For anyone having posted within this thread, if the original manufacturer (for example Dell, HP or Targus) of your DisplayLink-based docking station has not been able to assist you, then I would suggest reporting the issue directly to DisplayLink by following the process outlined here --> https://support.displaylink.com/know...to-displaylink

takahiro 04-03-2024 11:27 AM

Why not?

we are displaylink users and customers.
you(displaylink dev) should fix this bug soon.

liennguyen2030 04-03-2024 12:48 PM

Same here

mac arch - M3
macOS - sonoma 14.4.1
HDMI1, HDMI2: ThinkVision T24i-10 (use 1920 x 1080 by default)
Issue: The 2 extended monitors are disconnected & reconnected automatically every 1 minute - 3minutes.

I submit issue & log directly to DisplayLink per rboerner suggested.

simonc 04-04-2024 09:41 PM

Dp - hdmi

So I have the same issue as everyone else. I can confirm that if I connect my monitor via the DisplayLink HDMI port instead of DisplayPort, it works correctly

DanielSznicer 04-05-2024 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by takahiro (Post 96686)

mac arch - M2
macOS - sonoma 14.4.1

Best Regards

Hello,
We are aware that despite releasing 1.10.1 there are still some cases, where the user can observe instabilities of the application. We are investigating this problem with the highest priority

jojo599k 04-05-2024 07:29 AM

I have the same problem and with HDMI it seems to work. My guess is that the HDMI port does not run over the DisplayLink software. Strangely my LAN port does not seem to work? Anyone else with the same issue?
Updating the Dell firmware didn't resolve the issue. And I tested it also on my Windows Laptop which faces the same issue. So I'm not sure if this is a MacOs problem, a DisplayLink software problem or a problem with my docking station.

dunkirk 04-09-2024 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liennguyen2030 (Post 96703)
mac arch - M3
macOS - sonoma 14.4.1
HDMI1, HDMI2: ThinkVision T24i-10 (use 1920 x 1080 by default)
Issue: The 2 extended monitors are disconnected & reconnected automatically every 1 minute - 3minutes.

I submit issue & log directly to DisplayLink per rboerner suggested.

We are using different docking stations. DisplayLink almost works 100% on my computer

mac arch - M3
macOS - sonoma 14.4.1
DisplayLink driver - 1.10.1 build93
WavLink UG69PD10 docking station + quad monitors on HDMI

The only thing not working is the "Login screen extension". None of the external monitors are available before login. So I have to open the laptop lid every time when I restart. Maybe I should buy an Apple Watch so that I can auto-login...

niget2002 04-11-2024 02:34 PM

I'm having the same issue.

Mac M2
Sonoma 14.4.1
Display Link 1.10.1 Build 93
Wavlink WL-UG69DK7 revB

2 monitors on docking station connected via HDMI
Neither monitor works
Nor does the ethernet on the docking station

Oddity is that it all worked immediately after the Mac Update to Sonoma. Then I unplugged everything to work in another room. Came back and plugged the USB-C back into the laptop and nothing is recognized.

I've tried rebooting, reinstalling DisplayLink. Installing 1.9 version of Displaylink. Unplugging and replugging various things in.

The devices plugged into USB still work through the docking station (mouse, keyboard, webcam)

skishepherd 04-11-2024 02:38 PM

Same Thing

All cables and accessories work when plugged directly into my Mac. I have noticed the only port not working on the dock is the laptop host port. I've tried other usbc cables and no dice. My laptop doesn't even get power from the port anymore, nor does it show that anything is even connected to my Mac.

Mac - M1 Max
macOS - Sonoma 14.4.1
Docking Station - FusionDockPro 1
displaylink - 1.10.1 build 96

Mr Wennerberg 04-12-2024 06:28 AM

MacBook Air Apple M2 Sonoma 14.4.1

Hi !

I also updated to Sonoma 14.4.1 and right after reboot the Display link stop working. Only one of the HDMI ports are in function and the one on the side if out. Have tried everything, reboot, reinstall, clean and out of options. Any solution? Need my two screens.....

plasticine 04-12-2024 04:28 PM

In mine it works, but it become laggy. Before it was almost not noticeable...

anyone feeling for example changing desktops screens much slower?

sdkf82ssf 04-12-2024 08:11 PM

I'm having a similar problem. M1 Macbook Pro running Sonoma 14.4.1. I've tried the troubleshooting steps in the thread, like changing the setting to "Ask every time" for accessories, rolling back from 1.10 to the 1.9 driver, but I think the driver itself just needs a new release.

I've been using WAVLINK USB C to HDMI Adapter for Dual Monitors, and it was working greater for more than a year before it suddenly stopped working a few days ago.

When I plug in the HDMI + adapter to my laptop, the external monitor acts like it's going to start working. A blue "Universal Graphic Adapter" screen even appears on the monitor. Then it goes black and I see a "No HDMI signal from your device" message. The monitor is pretty old; it's a Dell P2722HE but hasn't given me trouble before now.

wicklert 04-14-2024 02:25 PM

Displaylink doesn't work

Same here, doesn't work anymore.
A lot of people are waiting for a solution.

kalmma 04-14-2024 07:04 PM

Displaylink doesn't work

I have the same problem.

Is it already known whether a solution is coming?

niget2002 04-16-2024 02:37 PM

I was able to get mine working again.

I followed the instructions here: https://support.displaylink.com/know...at-all-when-co

When I first brought up the system report, my docking station was just showing up as a USB Hub.

After disconnecting ALL cables from the docking station including power... AND disconnecting the USB-C from the laptop, I plugged just power back into the docking station.

This time, when I plugged the USB-C back into the laptop, it recognized the device as a 5k Graphic Docking station AND a USB Hub.

I was then able to plug each peripheral into the docking station one at a time and they were picked up appropriately.

I did test unplugging the USB-C from the laptop and plugging it back in and it appears to still be working. I'll report back if something happens it the external displays and ethernet on the docking station stop working again.

donmontalvo 04-17-2024 07:16 PM

Reading through all these posts, no idea what the problem is, like can we define "does not work"?

We have thousands of users on macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, and have DisplayLink Manager 1.10.1 deployed using Jamf Pro.

The only issue we ran into is the postinstall script in the package has incorrect syntax for opening the app as the current user, and I provided the fix, hoping to see 1.10.2 released soon. ;)

https://www.displaylink.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=69195

If using Jamf Pro, a Configuration Profile that includes an appropriate Login Items payload will ensure the app opens at login.

If you're not using Jamf Pro, nothing to see here. :)

donmontalvo 04-17-2024 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niget2002 (Post 96753)

I followed the instructions here: https://support.displaylink.com/know...at-all-when-co

When I first brought up the system report, my docking station was just showing up as a USB Hub.

After disconnecting ALL cables from the docking station including power... AND disconnecting the USB-C from the laptop, I plugged just power back into the docking station.

This time, when I plugged the USB-C back into the laptop, it recognized the device as a 5k Graphic Docking station AND a USB Hub.

I was then able to plug each peripheral into the docking station one at a time and they were picked up appropriately.

I did test unplugging the USB-C from the laptop and plugging it back in and it appears to still be working. I'll report back if something happens it the external displays and ethernet on the docking station stop working again.

Try higher throughput rated USBC cables... ;)

https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Thun.../dp/B07CPLYBMW

XenoPoppy 04-21-2024 05:32 PM

Nothing fixes it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by niget2002 (Post 96753)

Doesn't work. I have tried every suggestion on this forum and it still crashes about every 2 minutes.

And as far as "can someone define what doesn't work means" - it HAS been defined in the forum, I found my exact issue on here. I have it open and running screens, then at random (sometimes every 30 seconds to sometimes every few hours) it crashes- just during registering for the forum and typing the comment it has crashed twice. I click the app & the displays connect again. BUT in my case whatever window I was working on when the app crashed gets moved to the last display (typing the comment on a browser window in display 2, it crashes and when it opens and reorganized back, the window is on display 3.

I updated everything this am, unplugged everything yesterday and today. I have been troubleshooting this since I got it. Biggest PAIN in the butt piece of tech. PLEASE fix.

strizzo 04-22-2024 02:25 AM

I am having similar problems. Here is my experience.

OSX 14.4.1 M1 MBP
DisplayLink Manager 1.10.1 (build 93)
Dell D6000 Dock
Two Dell 27" Ultrasharp displays connected via displayport

At home external displays stopped working and no combo of unplugging/re-plugging will get them back online.

HDMI direct to MBP to either of the displays work perfectly.

Last week I went into the office and connected to the same model D6000 Dell Dock and two similar but smaller Dell monitors everything worked fine.

I've noticed that the message "please allow your DisplayLink device to connect to this Mac" never goes away after plugging the dock in via usb-c.

DanielSznicer 04-22-2024 10:32 AM

Quote:

mac arch - M2
macOS - sonoma 14.4.1

Best Regards

Hello,

Can you please share more details I will need logfiles to check the feedback from the driver. For instructions on how to gather the logfiles please navigate to the following article How to report macOS issues to DisplayLink

And aslo for speedy support please send an email with the logfiles and detailed problem description to: technical-enquiries@synaptics.com

takahiro 04-22-2024 11:49 AM

Log EMAIL

Hi Daniel

I sent a email(zip attached) now.

Best Regards

anupsahu 04-22-2024 03:59 PM

Need support from DisplayLink

I dont know why the fix is taking so much time for displaylink team to fix. I have reported this issue since 3 months now. They promised me a fix in the next release but that didnt fix either.

Its about time you take this on priority and fix this. Its causing so much people loss of productivity.

irakli 04-23-2024 06:06 AM

Macos senoma 14.4.1

Display link not working. I have two monitors and both shear same image. Displaylink can't recognize neither montiros.

sebrandon1 04-23-2024 02:55 PM

Is no one at DisplayLink using MacOS 14.4.1? Incredibly frustrating to check for a new release for the last 6 weeks and not see any progress on fixing these issues.

cebasso 04-25-2024 01:48 PM

Hello,

I'm using MacOS Sonoma 14.4.1 on a M3 Pro and it's working fine...
The only problem (what bring me here) is I feel a small lag sometimes on one display (3 monitors)

But, the Display Link Manager is working properly

Have you tried to download and install again?

leeray75 04-25-2024 09:53 PM

I'm using MacOS Sonoma 14.4.1 on a 2018 MacBook Pro with an Intel processor.

I discovered that switching from plugging the DisplayLink Hub/Device directly into the USB-C port to using a USB-C dongle with USB-A resolved the issue for me. It seems there might be compatibility issues with USB-C on my setup.

Steps to Fix:
  1. Get a USB-C to USB-A Dongle: This dongle will allow you to connect your DisplayLink Hub/Device via USB-A instead of USB-C.
  2. Plug in the Dongle: Connect the USB-C end of the dongle to your Mac's USB-C port, and then plug the DisplayLink Hub/Device into the USB-A port of the dongle.

Philboufr 04-26-2024 05:13 AM

Similar Issues for Me

Quote:

Originally Posted by XenoPoppy (Post 96767)
Doesn't work. I have tried every suggestion on this forum and it still crashes about every 2 minutes.

I found my exact issue on here. I have it open and running screens, then at random (sometimes every 30 seconds to sometimes every few hours) it crashes- I click the app & the displays connect again. BUT in my case whatever window I was working on when the app crashed gets moved to the last display (typing the comment on a browser window in display 2, it crashes and when it opens and reorganized back, the window is on display 3.

I updated everything this am, unplugged everything yesterday and still happening.

In my case:
MacBook Pro M2
macOS 14.4.1
Raycue 128K Pro Dock
2 x HP 27: screens connected via HDMI (also each screens USB is connected to USB-3)
1 x USB-3 High Speed Hub
DisplayLink 1.10.1 (93)

Sometimes in my case, it gets stuck in a loop of crashing, restarting, crashing - couple of times up to 10 times.

Georges 05-08-2024 08:07 PM

Same issue here

Same thing here.. for a few months now... I have DisplayLink open and running 3 screens, then at random (sometimes every 30 seconds to sometimes every few hours... it crashes...

I then reopen DisplayLink, until it crashes again... who knows when ?

We really NEED a functional version of the driver please !

cyngot 05-09-2024 02:45 PM

Please fix this problem

Sonoma was released back in September of 2023. It is now May 2024. What the heck is taking soooo long to fix this?

OSiRS 05-10-2024 05:52 AM

Hi all,

A downgrade to version 1.9.0 works absolutely fine! I am using an iMac mini M1, Sonoma 14.4.1 with a Studio Display and two LG monitors.
Version is available here:

https://www.synaptics.com/node/5461?filetype=exe

sebrandon1 05-10-2024 01:20 PM

Daily Routine

My daily routine is now:
- Wake up
- Get dressed
- Brush teeth
- Check DisplayLink Manager download page for any new possible updates to fix this problem.

Where is the new update? It has been months!

pmv5 05-10-2024 03:09 PM

Quote:

mac arch - M2
macOS - sonoma 14.4.1

Best Regards

Having the same issue on Mac Mini OS 14.4.1 -I did the OS reinstall that was suggested...I deleted all the Poly software and reinstalled the Poly software. Still black screen....speakers are great, though...and the lights work!

scampbell6 05-14-2024 03:47 PM

Went through support and they sent me to the hardware manufacturer who sent me back to displaylink who asked me to uninstall and reinstall to displaylink 1.9.0 (build 148) which didn't do anything.

Do you think displaylink is ignoring that their software is bricked for Sonoma 14.4.1 and just ignoring all of us who no longer can use their software?

refjamie 05-15-2024 08:11 PM

Probably, otherwise it would have been fixed by now.

What alternatives are there? After searching for years I found the D6000. Worked perfectly until I got an M2 MBP, now one of the monitors has to be plugged in to HDMI alongside the dock.

Is there a box out there I can go back to three monitors from one USBC?