DisplayLink Forum

DisplayLink Forum (https://displaylink.org/forum/index.php)
-   Windows Software (https://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Windows 8.1. bug with 7.4m2 doesn't permit connected standby (https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=62098)

impat100 12-31-2013 04:40 PM

any update?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan (Post 72378)
Thanks dawser! We'll look into it.

Hi there,

Is this issue still being looked at? Any update would be greatly appreciated!

jasperjugan 01-10-2014 08:16 AM

Is someone still working on this said issue?

JamesH 01-19-2014 01:33 AM

Hi,

Yes we are still investigating this issue.

Will update you when I know more.

Thanks,
James

andy_g 01-19-2014 10:54 AM

Hi all

I have the Kensington SD300v and an Asus T100 (new BayTrail Atom) on Windows 8.1 and can confirm connected standby (sleep) was losing 3% or more per hour with the drivers from here installed!

I have just factory reset the T100 and had no issues with connected standby before hooking up the SD3000V and auto installing any drivers for it via Windows but will let you know if I know have issues due to these auto drivers and or your Display link ones.

jasperjugan 01-22-2014 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy_g (Post 72919)
Hi all

I have the Kensington SD300v and an Asus T100 (new BayTrail Atom) on Windows 8.1 and can confirm connected standby (sleep) was losing 3% or more per hour with the drivers from here installed!

I have just factory reset the T100 and had no issues with connected standby before hooking up the SD3000V and auto installing any drivers for it via Windows but will let you know if I know have issues due to these auto drivers and or your Display link ones.

likewise with Dell Venue 8 pro. I had to uninstall DisplayLink. others have reported they had to wipe out/restore their devices

andy_g 01-23-2014 08:01 AM

I have not installed the latest display link drivers from here this time and just used the latest Kensington drivers which seems to be 7.4.51572.0 DisplayLink Display Adapter (430f) and my connected standby issues seem to have gone.

Also to note, I'm not actually using the DVI out put of the docking station as a direct MicroHDMI > HDMI from my tablet works better than the slight lag via the docking station and I found I didn't like 2 external monitors plus the tablet screen. This means I'm effectively only using the audio, USB hub and gigabit NAT so not sure if the actual DisplayLink display driver has been 'activated' yet as I haven't plugged anything in to the DVI port?

brucemoose2 02-09-2014 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesH (Post 72912)
Hi,

Thanks,
James

James, it's been weeks now since your last update and MONTHS since the original problem report. Do you have any update for us, please? This is a very serious problem. I'd like to know if there are resources committed to fixing the problem. The current software package is seriously broken on Connected-Standby capable ultrabooks and tablets.

brucemoose2 02-16-2014 04:46 PM

Any update?

impat100 02-18-2014 03:25 AM

update?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesH (Post 72912)
Hi,

Thanks,
James

Hi James,

Its been more than a month now, any updates? Or pls let us if this issue is being worked on or not?

Any update would be greatly appreciated.

JamesH 02-18-2014 01:54 PM

Hi,

The next release due out at the end of this month has a fix for this issue when your adapter / dock / monitor is disconnected from your tablet / notebook.

We're continuing to work on a fix for when your adapter / dock / monitor is connected to your tablet / notebook.

Thanks,
James