DisplayLink Forum

DisplayLink Forum (https://displaylink.org/forum/index.php)
-   Mac Software (https://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   After 1.6.1 install, video for Prime & Netflix does not work (https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=68204)

Grönis 04-03-2022 11:43 AM

i have the same problem, have contolled all my fhings and nothing works in webbroser now, have been working flawless for long time nog and now this :(

amazone prime - black screen
netflix - black screen
viaplay - black screen
Cmore - black screen
Hbo max - black screen

i have tried chrome and safari so far and same problem.

but if i remote the adaptor evryfing start to work as usal.

sontipheap 04-07-2022 06:57 PM

This issue happened to me this week too all of a sudden. I have a suspicion it has to do with MacOS update. I had no issues switching to a Window machine.

GlennyKravitz 04-07-2022 09:21 PM

Working in Firefox, not in others

I also have had the same experience after updating to OSX 12.3.1 In Safari and Chrome, the video on streaming services shows up as a black windows on either the extended monitors or the main MacBook screen

However...

It works without issue in Firefox. There is a setting within Firefox that allows the playing of DRM-controlled content, which is enabled by default. Video plays on both extended monitors and the MacBook main screen without issue.

Jemand 04-08-2022 03:31 PM

For me this worked: Go into Chrome Settings. Search for "hardware". Disable "Use hardware acceleration when available" and restart chrome. Netflix and Amazon Prime Video have images again.

Grönis 04-08-2022 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jemand (Post 93640)
For me this worked: Go into Chrome Settings. Search for "hardware". Disable "Use hardware acceleration when available" and restart chrome. Netflix and Amazon Prime Video have images again.

niiiicccee it did work for me to!!! THANKS!

mdiorio 04-08-2022 07:15 PM

So I have this problem when the Laptop screen is the primary and I move an app (in my case an app built in Unity) to the external monitor. If the external monitor is the primary screen, it works fine on both displays.

acelefty 04-10-2022 02:35 AM

Quote:

Thank you! This "fix" let YoutubeTV work while connected to my DisplayLink dock again. Not sure what Apple did to break that functionality, but I bet there are a lot of upset YTTV users out there.

Ronot 04-11-2022 11:53 AM

Quote:

Thank you for finding a solution!

fabiorf 06-23-2022 07:10 PM

Screen Black OK

Quote:

Heyyyyy iLove you LOL:)

weslr 12-05-2022 01:32 AM

Problem Identified...I think

I believe it is a security issue. the USB adapter I am using needs recording software. The streaming services don't know I'm not actually recording and shut me down. Once I disabled the USB adapter monitor all the streaming services worked properly.