PDA

View Full Version : Problem in Mirroring mode on Plasma TV

wajeeh_r
07-26-2011, 07:21 AM
Dear All,

I recently bought Imation AV extender to use with my laptop and to connect it wirelessly with my 65" Plasma TV.

The problem I am facing now is that by default it works in Desk Extended mode and then I use Fit to TV to arrange red borders on my TV to display the desktop correctly on my TV. But in this way my mouse cursor is available on my TV.

My preference is to use Mirror mode, but when I switch to mirror mode from my laptop the desktop appearing on TV shrinks to center of TV with resolution of 1366x768 which is MAX resolution of my laptop. Also now the check mark on Fit to TV is gone, now tell me in mirror mode is it possible to get full desktop on my TV which is 65"? If in mirror mode I again tick check mark on Fit to TV the mirror again switches to desktop extended mode automatically which I dont need.

NOTE: I am using Windows 7 home premium on laptop

Awaiting your quick responses to this as this is urgent requirement.

Regards,
Wajeeh

Wim
07-26-2011, 09:26 AM
The Fit to TV option is only available in Extend mode. This is because we have to change the resolution of the extended display to an unusual resolution when using Fit to TV, so Windows just renders into the middle of the screen.

For mirror mode, both displays (laptop and DisplayLink screen) need to be at the same resolution, which means we cannot use an unusual resolution, as it won't match both displays.

Hope that makes sense

Wim

wajeeh_r
07-26-2011, 10:31 AM
Dear Wim,

Thanks for your reply. Just to be more clear on mirror mode, you mean to say that we need to go at a very high resolution on 65" TV to get desktop on full TV screen and this high unusual resolution is not supported by laptop. So, the mirror mode is not suitable for this?

What you suggest in my case ? Extended with Fit to TV mode?

Regards,

wajeeh_r
07-27-2011, 12:00 PM
Dear Wim,

I am awaiting your reply,

Thanks for your time in Advance.....

Wim
07-27-2011, 12:25 PM
I think there are 2 options:

1. Make sure the laptop and TV have matching resolutions and use mirror mode. But you will not be able to use Fit to TV to overcome any overscan issues on the TV
2. Use extend mode, and either extend to the DisplayLink adapter, or set the DisplayLink adapter as primary and then use Fit to TV.

Wim