PDA

View Full Version : DL-165: Poor display quality on external monitor - please help!

matureking
07-21-2011, 10:42 AM
I am currently using the DL-165 model to connect my PC and HDTV.

After a few settings, my PC desktop is shown on my HDTV properly.

However, although the resolution of my HDTV have been set to 1920 x 1080 32 bits, the actually display quality on my HDTV is quite poor.

From my PC end, I used the USB-DIV + HDMI adapter to allow the HDMI-HDMI connection between my PC and HDTV.

It is unlikely the issue with either my HDMI-HDMI cable or the HDTV, because I had tried to connect my laptop; which as a native HDMI port, to connect the HDVT using the same HDMI cable, and the display quality is excellent.

In this case, I am wondering that if it is normal to have a poorer display quality on external monitors when you using this USB-DIV converter? In another words, if it is because of the bandwidth limitation with the converter?

If it is not, is there any way to improve the display quality? My HDTV has HDMI, VGA, components, and composite ports. For your knowledge, which connection from the DL-165 will give the best display quality on external monitor?

Or if it looks more like a software problem, any suggestion? Thank you!