PDA

View Full Version : HDdeck adapter software failure

fd611v
07-02-2011, 09:28 PM
I was going to do some blasting here, but, my future grandson isn't due for several years yet. Besides, if he were to be able, he would tell me to avoid this DisplayLink Sewell HDdeck crap.

But, I'm of sound mind and have the normal brain cells capable to understand rime or reason on how to get this Sewell #3100 HDdeck adapter installed. I've wore out my computer and the #3100 HDdeck CD trying to install the software. The control panel add and remove keeps crying to me.."don't use me anymore, I'm tired"...Go get a 5 yr. old kid to install it.

Anyone here have any idea what it takes to get the software installed?

Additional info. In Control Panel..Add and Remove. it shows the DisplayLink Core Software and DisplayLink graphics as listed there. If it all went correctly, there should be a Icon on my System tray, but there no Icon to click on.

Wim
07-04-2011, 08:23 AM
If you post the log files as described here:

http://kb.displaylink.com/270

We will be able to tell why its failing.

Wim

fd611v
07-04-2011, 03:05 PM
Is this what you wanted?

-------- Computer Info ---------

Computer Name: SKEETER
Logged on as: SKEETER\Owner
Computer: HP Pavilion 06 - D7218W-ABA 775E
OS: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (X86-based PC), Service Pack 3, English
OS Build: 2600 (Debug = False)
System Bios Date: 02/24/04
System Bios Version: A M I - 2000424
BIOS Date: 02/24/04 19:25:41 Ver: 08.00.08
BIOS Date: 02/24/04 19:25:41 Ver: 08.00.08
CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2400+
Memory: 447 MB
Free Space: 62156 MB
Primary Resolution: 1024x768x32
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX Integrated GPU (NVIDIA)
Graphics Driver: 6.13.10.3150 Dated 2002-09-10
Installed Package: DisplayLink Core Software (5.6.31854.0) on 2011-07-02 Status is Installed
Installed Package: DisplayLink Graphics (5.6.31870.0) on 2011-07-02 Status is Installed
Installed Codec: LEAD MCMP/MJPEG Codec (VFW) LEAD Technologies, Inc. 1.0.0.013
Installed Codec: Indeo® video 5.10 Intel Corporation R.5.10.15.2.55

DisplayLink Version: 5.6.31854.0
Optimize for Video: No Value (Off)

--------- Nivo Info ---------

Wim
07-05-2011, 09:35 AM
I needed the zip file, but that's enough to tell me that it looks like the adapter is not being recognized on the USB bus. Check out this thread to find out why it is not appearing on the USB bus:

http://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=896

Until Windows has detects it, our software will not do anything as there is no device to talk to.

Wim

fd611v
07-05-2011, 02:36 PM
I did a (clean)reinstall this morning. Here's what I have listed as the items you suggested.

In Add & Remove in Control Panel.

DisplayLink Core Software.......................................11. 13mb
DisplayLink Graphics.......................................... ......1.21mb

Under Services (Local) Startup type
DisplayLink Management Started Automatic

Under DisplayLink Properties.

Device Manager
USB Display Adapters.
USB to HDMI

USB to HDMI Properties. Product Code ID
USB\VID_17E9&PID_024B\000632
This is listed under "Details"

With all this, there is still no Display icon in the system tray

I tried tro send you the Zip Files, but it noted the file was too large.

fd611v
07-06-2011, 12:47 AM
I ran the DisplayLink debug tool this morning trying to solve the installation problem on the HDdeck software. You guess it.. the DisplayLink debug tool destroyed my "registry keys'....some sixteen of them . I had to perform a full system recovery, and now I'm having real big problems with my PC starting up. I have to hit the ESC key, wait some three minutes to get a screen that tells me to perform registry keys recovery, and I've never heard of that in all my years owning a computer. I think Sewell owes me a new $1000.00 computer.

Wim
07-06-2011, 09:04 AM
Hi

I'm not sure why this is not working. Can you delete all the larger files from the zip file (eg MEMORY.dmp or any of the setup*.log files) and then post. The DisplayLink*.log files and the system information are the most interesting.

Thanks

Wim

Wim
07-06-2011, 01:27 PM
Hi

Its highly unlikey that this was caused by the debug tool. To gather logs this only reads the registry. To change logging settings we write single settings.

If you think this was due to our tool, what 16 registry entries were corrupted?

fd611v
07-06-2011, 01:51 PM
[QUOTE=Wim;3671]Hi

To gather logs this only reads the registry. To change logging settings we write single settings.QUOTE]

It read the registry as you state, but, it also removed the sixteen registry .dll keys.

fd611v
07-06-2011, 11:19 PM
It is odd that no one in support has a clue how to resolve the matter. It appears this displaylink core software is a bugger to set installed from reading other websites forums. Too many "bugs" that need to be resolved before selling such item. Not is the best interest to the consumer to know there's many a problem they may encounter during the installation process.

Now, give me a good logic answer to get this installed before I pack it up and send back to China.

fd611v
07-07-2011, 01:13 AM
I'm beginning to think I'm my own support team here.

Finally!.. did get the Display Properties screen to show up on my desktop under setting....the DisplayLink adapter.

Here's how I got it to show.

Uninstalled the DisplayLink Core software and Graphics downloads.

NOTE: Connected the USB/HDMI cable to a USB port, and connected the HDMI cable from the HDdeck unit to the HDTV....Before, Before, Before I downloaded the "infamous" DisplayLink drivers.

Briefly, and I say Briefly, the DisplayLink TV Icon "showed" up on the system tray. When I had the Icon on the system tray, I clicked on the desktop and selected properties. Under settings here what I have.

Display window.

1. Plug and Play Monitor -Nvidia GeForced4 MX Integrated GPU

2. No Device on DisplayLink Graphics Adapter.

NOTE: When I clicked on and highlighted...No Device on DisplayLink Graphics, the DisplayLink Icon in my system tray disappeared.

That is where I now stand.

Wim
07-07-2011, 02:35 PM
Now, give me a good logic answer to get this installed before I pack it up and send back to China.

Post the log files (by deleting the larger files in the zip so its small enough as I advised above) and I'll have a better idea. Until then I'm just guessing at what the problem is.

As for the debug tool, if you gather logs, it makes NO changes to the registry. Unless you can tell me exactly what you think it has changed, then this must have been caused by something else that has happened.