PDA

View Full Version : Cannot connect to Microsoft Windows Update Server

mhc
06-20-2011, 05:58 PM
Windows 7 32-bit. DisplayLink system tray icon shows "Unable to connect to Microsoft Windows Update Server", there's no second monitor showing up in the Screen Resolution screen.

Got this error when trying to upload the debug log file (~128MB):

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

Thanks.

Wim
06-21-2011, 09:02 AM
Hi

Our software tries to talk to the Windows update server. If we get no response within 15 seconds, we time out and show the message that we cannot connect.

This can happen if you are on a slow connection or the Windows update server is being slow. You can check for updates by running Windows update manually from the Windows control panel.

Wim

mhc
06-21-2011, 01:11 PM
Hi

Our software tries to talk to the Windows update server. If we get no response within 15 seconds, we time out and show the message that we cannot connect.

This can happen if you are on a slow connection or the Windows update server is being slow. You can check for updates by running Windows update manually from the Windows control panel.

Wim
There's nothing showing up in the Windows Update for DisplayLink and I actually installed the latest driver (dated 4/18/2011). But the second monitor is still not showing up.

Wim
06-21-2011, 03:22 PM
There's nothing showing up in the Windows Update for DisplayLink and I actually installed the latest driver (dated 4/18/2011). But the second monitor is still not showing up.

Yep, that's the latest driver on Windows update, so it won't show as an updated driver. To diagnose what is wrong, then I would need the log files as described in:

http://kb.displaylink.com/269

Thanks

Wim

mhc
06-21-2011, 05:00 PM

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

Wim
06-22-2011, 11:28 AM

This is because the maximum file size you can upload is 16MB. Please delete any really large files from the zip to get it down to below 16MB and then repost.

Thanks

Wim

mhc
06-22-2011, 03:05 PM
Here's the log file. Thanks.

Wim
06-23-2011, 08:17 AM
Thanks for the logs. You have another graphics driver installed:

Graphics: DameWare Development Mirror Driver (DameWare Development)
Graphics Driver: 1.1.0.0 Dated 2008-03-14

Our software is trying to use this to do the 3D effects on Windows 7, but its not Windows 7 compatible (WDDM). If you uninstall this mirror driver, DisplayLink software should begin to work.

Thanks

Wim

mhc
06-23-2011, 02:25 PM
After I uninstalled DameWare Development Mirror Driver (DameWare Development), second monitor is still not showing up. Debug log file attached. Thanks.

Wim
06-24-2011, 02:48 PM
Sorry, looking closer, you also have an 845 Intel chipset. This is old and there are no Windows 7 specific graphics drivers for this, so our software cannot use it. The latest Intel graphics card with Windows 7 drivers is the 945 chipset I think.

I expect you are seeing this error:

http://kb.displaylink.com/293

I'm afraid the only solution is to add a Windows 7 graphics card that has WDDM drivers, otherwise DisplayLink software will not be compatible with this system.

Wim

rbartel
08-19-2011, 12:35 PM
Hello
ich have the same problem
can anyone help me ?
I instal the driver, but the display is black.
I get the message: Canot update displaylink

Wim
08-19-2011, 02:03 PM
You need to install a graphics driver for your primary graphics card. Currently it is:

Graphics: Standard-VGA-Grafikkarte ((Standardgrafikkartentypen))
Graphics Driver: 6.1.7600.16385 Dated 2006-06-21

Once you have a Windows 7 WDDM driver installed for this graphics card, the DisplayLink software will work.

Wim

Twirlmom1
06-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Here is my log file:

Can you please let me know how to correct this? I need multiple monitors for my work from home job.

Thanks!

Wim
06-07-2012, 11:48 AM
Here is my log file:

Can you please let me know how to correct this? I need multiple monitors for my work from home job.

Thanks!

You don't have a primary graphics driver installed, and I can't tell from the logs what graphics card you have (as the driver is not installed).

You need to download and install the graphics driver for your primary graphics card.

This link should help:

http://support.google.com/sketchup/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=36254

Wim