PDA

View Full Version : Display remains blank

mojo-chan
06-15-2011, 07:07 PM
Hi. I am having trouble with my Samsung U70 display. It always remains blank. Windows 7 x64, debug log attached.

The device appears to be booting correctly from the hardware IDs. It did work a couple of times, but not now :(

Wim
06-16-2011, 08:46 AM
Hi

This device does have old firmware on it, and there were some known issues with these early versions of minimon.

Mostof the problems have been worked around in software, as there is no way to update the firmware on this device in the field. However you still seem to be having problems.

Could you try adding the attached information to the registry (you will have to rename the attached file .reg), reboot and see if this improves the situation?

Thanks

Wim

mojo-chan
06-16-2011, 01:53 PM
Thanks, I will try that later today.

Is there no way to update the firmware at all? There is a "service" port on the back, is it something like an RS232 port? Samsung are refusing to do a warranty fix because the display was bought in another country :(

mojo-chan
06-16-2011, 04:41 PM
Didn't make any difference :(

Sometimes the LED flashes but most of the time it does not. Is this a sign of something?

mojo-chan
06-18-2011, 05:26 PM
Have you given up? :(

Wim
06-20-2011, 07:22 AM
Can you turn on advanced logging using the debug tool and then collect the logs when the problem occurs and post? It might give a clue as to what is wrong.

Wim

mojo-chan
06-20-2011, 05:36 PM
Attached, thanks.

mojo-chan
06-29-2011, 05:54 PM
So... It's a brick?

mojo-chan
07-08-2011, 11:03 PM
This sucks. You shipped a defective product with no way to update the firmware. Even when it does occasionally work the software is abysmal.

Can't the service port be used to do it? I am an embedded systems developer so have the knowledge to do it and at this stage might as well give it a go.

Dan
07-09-2011, 04:16 PM
Hi.

I've had a good look through the logs, and actually everything looks fine, this doesn't seem to be hitting any FW issues. I'm afraid you've probably been unlucky and one of the electrical components has died preventing the backlight from operating.

If you put an image with some high contrast on it (e.g. on your windows backdrop), can you see anything if you shine a bright light on it?

DisplayLink only makes the video chip - we didn't manufacture the whole product you have, so I'm afraid there's not a lot more we can do - our bit seems to be working fine :(

I'm sorry you've had a bad experience, but there are more exciting products on the market than the U70 now.

mojo-chan
07-10-2011, 04:14 PM
There is nothing on the screen, it isn't a backlight problem. It just doesn't do anything, the LED does not come on.

matureking
07-21-2011, 10:45 AM
I initially had a same problem with you.

Then I changed the USB cable (micro USB to USB); which connects your PC and the displaylink adapter, it works.

I have to say that the USB cable provided with the product is quite poor.

mojo-chan
07-21-2011, 06:02 PM
Thanks, I did try a couple of different cables but it didn't help. Tried different USB ports, hubs etc.