PDA

View Full Version : Win7 x64 was working before, can't get display

dcarter
06-02-2011, 05:01 PM
Hey folks,

My 3rd monitor was working just fine and is no longer operational. I woke up the PC this morning to find no response. I unplugged the DL device (both ends), then plugged in USB, and then HDMI to no avail.

I've attached the support tool zip file.

Can anyone shed some light?

Wim
06-07-2011, 10:59 AM
Hi

The problem is that the chip hasn't booted up correctly. If you unplug all the cables, then connect USB, then DVI, it should work again.

Wim

dcarter
06-07-2011, 10:18 PM
I just tried doing exactly what you mentioned and am getting no video from that monitor. I have even gone and uninstalled the DisplayLink software from Add/Remove programs and reinstalled. When I'm in Device Manager and unplug the DL device, I see the USB Display Adapter entry disappear and when I plug it back in (with nothing plugged into the other end of the device), I see the device re-appear in Device Manager but when I plug in the other end (to the monitor), I still see no video.

I've attached another log since I did the re-install (just in case you see something new). Can someone please take a look and let me know what you see?

I appreciate the help!

Wim
06-08-2011, 12:22 PM
The adapter is still coming up as USB Product ID 0x8060. This is the PID of the recovery ROM of the chip, which means it has not booted correctly. If it comes up with PID 0x8060 when you just connect the USB cable, then it looks like the product has unfortunately become faulty and will need to be replaced.

Thanks

Wim