PDA

View Full Version : Screenshots of DisplayLink monitors do not save to desktop

johnkramlich
04-29-2011, 06:10 AM
I am using MacOSX 10.6.7. When I attempt to take screen shots of windows that are displayed on a monitor connected via DisplayLink, the screenshot is never saved to my desktop.

Performing the exact same actions with a window that is contained inside a monitor hooked up via a non DisplayPort method does produce a screen shot on my desktop. Additionally, taking a screenshot of the desktop does not include any monitors that are hooked up via DisplayLink.

Oddly enough, if the window I am attempting to take a screen shot of is only partially on a non DisplayLink monitor and partially on a DisplayLink monitor, the screen capture works fine.

dcoulson
04-29-2011, 02:23 PM
I am using MacOSX 10.6.7. When I attempt to take screen shots of windows that are displayed on a monitor connected via DisplayLink, the screenshot is never saved to my desktop.

This is a known issue - If you take a screenshot of your entire desktop, it does not include any DL attached displays.

Carlo
04-29-2011, 06:58 PM
Yes it's a known issue and at the moment it does not appear possible to resolve it on our side: Apple made this change in Snow Leopard and we have an open bug with them about it.