PDA

View Full Version : Issue with Display Link installation?

brass
07-15-2022, 07:33 PM
My larger problem is simply that I can't seem to extend my Macbook Pro screen beyond one monitor.

I have a MOKiN 12 in 1 but I think I've eliminated the hub as the issue because it's HDMI ports both work (only one at a time).

The odd thing to me is that when I look for the DisplayLink icon in my Privacy Settings - I don't see it to be able to give it permission, even in the Screen Recording Area.

Anyone else have this problem?

rboerner
07-18-2022, 11:15 AM
My larger problem is simply that I can't seem to extend my Macbook Pro screen beyond one monitor.

I have a MOKiN 12 in 1 but I think I've eliminated the hub as the issue because it's HDMI ports both work (only one at a time).

The odd thing to me is that when I look for the DisplayLink icon in my Privacy Settings - I don't see it to be able to give it permission, even in the Screen Recording Area.

Anyone else have this problem?

My impression based on your description is that you are using this device --> https://www.mokinglobal.com/product/usb-c-hub-12-in-1.html

Presuming for the moment my impression is correct, that device does NOT use DisplayLink technology. As a result, DisplayLink will not be able to assist you.