PDA

View Full Version : 2x LG Ultrawide Displays on Macbook Pro M1

runbikemeditate
07-15-2022, 02:43 PM
Hi All,

I read that a DisplayLink adapter could be a fix for the Mac M1 Chip challenge with having two monitors

I'm currently connected to both, but in a kind of bodged way and one isn't doing too well

What is happening is that when I connect both monitors through my DisplayLink hub, both monitors are limited to a 1920 x 1080 resolution

I have since connected one monitor into my original docking hub and that is now outputting a 2560 x 1080 resolution so is working fine

The other monitor though remains connected to the DisplayLink hub and is outputting a max resolution of 1920 x 1080. It should be the same as the above

Any ideas on how to fix this please? I saw a few comments on a Google search but didn't find a direct fix

Cheers,
Stephen

rboerner
07-18-2022, 11:20 AM
Hi All,

I read that a DisplayLink adapter could be a fix for the Mac M1 Chip challenge with having two monitors

I'm currently connected to both, but in a kind of bodged way and one isn't doing too well

What is happening is that when I connect both monitors through my DisplayLink hub, both monitors are limited to a 1920 x 1080 resolution

I have since connected one monitor into my original docking hub and that is now outputting a 2560 x 1080 resolution so is working fine

The other monitor though remains connected to the DisplayLink hub and is outputting a max resolution of 1920 x 1080. It should be the same as the above

Any ideas on how to fix this please? I saw a few comments on a Google search but didn't find a direct fix

Cheers,
Stephen

You have not provided enough information for anyone to be of assistance.

Please provide:

A. The brand and specific model number of (or a direct web link to) the 'DisplayLink adapter' you are using
B. The brand and specific model number of (or a direct web link to) each of the two monitors you are using
C. The brand and specific model number of (or a direct web link to) the 'original docking hub' you are using