PDA

View Full Version : Displaylink drivers do not work on my macbook

samcv
06-07-2022, 09:06 PM
Hi,

I have a 2018 Macbook Pro and a portable AOC e1659fwu portable monitor.

The AOC monitor doesn't have AC adapter, and it is powered by the laptop.
It has a cable which is one side USB A connected to the monitor, and the other side another USB A connected to the laptop.

My mac refuse to power and use the screen. I read a lot of online that the DisplayLink should help, but i installed many of the versions, and none of them resolved my issue.

*i connect the monitor to the Apple adapder which has USB A in it, transferring to USB C which connected on my mac.

Also, in case i will not be able to use the DisplayLink, how can i delete it, as its not drugable to the trash.

thanks,
Sam

DanielS
06-08-2022, 07:36 AM
Hi,

It has a cable which is one side USB A connected to the monitor, and the other side another USB A connected to the laptop.

My mac refuse to power and use the screen. I read a lot of online that the DisplayLink should help, but i installed many of the versions, and none of them resolved my issue.

*i connect the monitor to the Apple adapder which has USB A in it, transferring to USB C which connected on my mac.

Also, in case i will not be able to use the DisplayLink, how can i delete it, as its not drugable to the trash.

thanks,
Sam

I sent you a message via e-mail, please check your inbox, I will try to help after getting information from the e-mail

samcv
06-08-2022, 09:10 PM
Hi Daniel,

I sent you the zip file.

samcv
06-13-2022, 08:56 PM
Any help from somebody as i did not hear back from Daniel?

rboerner
06-14-2022, 11:10 AM
Hi,

thanks,
Sam

According to page 7 of the manual for your display --> https://aoc-pim.s3.amazonaws.com/AOC_Manual_e1659Fwu_English_20130508.pdf AOC included a USB 'Y' cable in the box with the unit.

This is a USB cable with two USB Type-A connectors on one side of the cable, both of which are meant to plug into the host laptop. The other end of the USB cable is intended to connect to the display.

This type of cable is used because the display needs more power than a single USB port can provide in order to function.

Are you using the USB 'Y' cable in to order to connect the display to your Mac?

If you are using the USB 'Y' cable, are both USB connectors from one end of the cable connected to your Mac?

If you are not connecting things in the manner described above, then the display will not have enough power to turn on.

samcv
06-14-2022, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the reply.

In the past with a PC i used only 1 of the 2 Y USB, and it worked.
With the mac, i tried both of the options, but it didnt work for any of the options.