PDA

View Full Version : DisplayLink monitors no longer do to sleep in clamshell mode?

ayn57
05-28-2022, 01:50 AM
Not sure why (perhaps after the MacOS 12.3 -> 12.4 upgrade?) the monitors connected via DisplayLink no longer go to sleep when I am using my Mac in clamshell mode. I upgraded DisplayLink software from 1.6.1 to 1.7.0; unfortunately it did not help... :confused::confused::confused:

To clarify - when I had the lid opened, both internal and DisplayLink monitors would go to sleep correctly. When I close the lid, and have the new "Power save all displays and sleep in clamshell" option enabled, monitors go to sleep correctly too. But it I am working in clamshell mode to begin with, then DisplayLink monitors refuse to go to sleep...

(I set up one of the corners as "Put Display to Sleep" hot corner to make it easier to test).

KatarzynaCzaja
06-02-2022, 09:05 AM
Would you be able to gather logfiles that will show us a bit more about your current setup?

To do that follow the steps mentioned in the following article: How to Report Macos Issues to DisplayLink (https://support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/articles/755301-how-to-report-macos-issues-to-displaylink)

Also please tell me what is the exact brand and model of the DisplayLink powered device that you have.

Thank you.

ayn57
06-30-2022, 04:49 AM
Would you be able to gather logfiles that will show us a bit more about your current setup?

To do that follow the steps mentioned in the following article: How to Report Macos Issues to DisplayLink (https://support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/articles/755301-how-to-report-macos-issues-to-displaylink)

Also please tell me what is the exact brand and model of the DisplayLink powered device that you have.

I have Dell Universal Dock D6000 with Asus PA278QV connected to DisplayPort and Asus VS24A connected to HDMI.

I collected the logs, but some of them seem to contain semi-private information (e.g. networking setup WLan SSIIDs, VPN configuration, etc) that I am uncomfortable sharing here.

ChrisSutcliffe
07-05-2022, 02:14 PM
I'm seeing the same behaviour and I'm happy to help address the issue.

KatarzynaCzaja
07-11-2022, 09:34 AM
I have Dell Universal Dock D6000 with Asus PA278QV connected to DisplayPort and Asus VS24A connected to HDMI.

I collected the logs, but some of them seem to contain semi-private information (e.g. networking setup WLan SSIIDs, VPN configuration, etc) that I am uncomfortable sharing here.

You can share the files with us by sending an email directly to technical-enquiries@synaptics.com

I'm seeing the same behaviour and I'm happy to help address the issue.

As previously we will need more detailed problem description and more details about your setup - what and how everything is connected and we will need logfiles.
Please follow the steps from the article I linked in my first post and then you can share everything here or for faster support you can send an email to technical-enquiries@synaptics.com.

ChrisSutcliffe
07-11-2022, 12:58 PM
Thanks! I've collected the logs and submitted them with a description of the issue to the email address you provided.

kamyk1371
08-25-2022, 08:45 PM
Any solution for this?
It started happening for me too, that is so frustrating. Also after some mac os system update

TexasDon
08-31-2022, 02:43 PM
This also happens when using a LenovoThinkPad Universal Thunderbolt 4 Dock