PDA

View Full Version : Dual displays issue on M1 Mac Mini

LayLay
04-11-2022, 07:34 AM
Hi all,
Need some helps here....
I have a two ACER 27" displays setting for my M1 Mac Mini (macOS 12.0.1) via WavLink Docking Station (WL-UG69PD2). The problem is that when i move any app window and put/land it in between the 2 displays, one side of the window isn't showing on the other display....
it's okay if i moved the whole window completely onto the other display, is this normal ? can it be fixed ?

This causing me problem when WFH on Citrix remote control my office PC, i cannot use both of my displays.....

My displaylink manager version is 1.3.1 (build 56.126)

rboerner
04-11-2022, 11:13 AM
Hi all,
Need some helps here....
I have a two ACER 27" displays setting for my M1 Mac Mini (macOS 12.0.1) via WavLink Docking Station (WL-UG69PD2). The problem is that when i move any app window and put/land it in between the 2 displays, one side of the window isn't showing on the other display....
it's okay if i moved the whole window completely onto the other display, is this normal ? can it be fixed ?

This causing me problem when WFH on Citrix remote control my office PC, i cannot use both of my displays.....

My displaylink manager version is 1.3.1 (build 56.126)

The latest release of macOS 12 as of today is macOS 12.3.1

The latest release of DisplayLink Manager for Mac as of today is 1.6.1 --> https://www.synaptics.com/products/displaylink-graphics/downloads/macos

I would suggest updating your Mac to the latest version of macOS and the DisplayLink Manager application to the latest release and then testing the behavior again.

Ronot
04-11-2022, 01:50 PM
This is not caused by DisplayLink but just MacOs.

Check you System Preferences.

System Preferences
Mission Control
Displays have separate spaces

When you disable the option "Displays have separate spaces" you can have one application window across two screens.

LayLay
04-11-2022, 04:57 PM
This is not caused by DisplayLink but just MacOs.

Check you System Preferences.

System Preferences
Mission Control
Displays have separate spaces

When you disable the option "Displays have separate spaces" you can have one application window across two screens.

Thanks Bro, problem solved !!!
Thank you so much !!!