PDA

View Full Version : Is this a DisplayLink device?

sdhgahg
03-19-2022, 11:27 PM
Hello community,

I have a USB to VGA adapter that the System Information app on macOS (Catalina 10.15.7) shows as:

+ USB 3.0 Bus
|- usb extscreen
Produc ID: 0x6021
Vendor ID: 0x534d
Version: 1.00
Speed: Up to 480 Mb/s
Manufacturer: MACROSILICON

Some comments in this (https://archived.forum.manjaro.org/t/s-driver-for-an-usb-to-hdmi-adapter/130487) Linux forum say that it could actually be a DisplayLink device, so I installed the lates version of DisplayLink Manager available for macOS Catalina, but the app doesn't show anything related to the adaptar after I connect it to my laptop, nor the display monitor connected to the adapter shows any image either.

I have a MacBook Air Mid-2012 and the monitor I'm trying to connect to the adapter is an HP w22 (1680 x 1050 at 60 Hz).

The monitor works fine when connected to a Mini DisplayPort to VGA adapter, but I have two of those HP w22 monitors and would love to have them both connected to my laptop at the same time.

Any comment to help figure out a solution would be very much appreciated.

rboerner
03-21-2022, 10:02 AM
Hello community,

I have a USB to VGA adapter that the System Information app on macOS (Catalina 10.15.7) shows as:

+ USB 3.0 Bus
|- usb extscreen
Produc ID: 0x6021
Vendor ID: 0x534d
Version: 1.00
Speed: Up to 480 Mb/s
Manufacturer: MACROSILICON

Some comments in this (https://archived.forum.manjaro.org/t/s-driver-for-an-usb-to-hdmi-adapter/130487) Linux forum say that it could actually be a DisplayLink device, so I installed the lates version of DisplayLink Manager available for macOS Catalina, but the app doesn't show anything related to the adaptar after I connect it to my laptop, nor the display monitor connected to the adapter shows any image either.

I have a MacBook Air Mid-2012 and the monitor I'm trying to connect to the adapter is an HP w22 (1680 x 1050 at 60 Hz).

The monitor works fine when connected to a Mini DisplayPort to VGA adapter, but I have two of those HP w22 monitors and would love to have them both connected to my laptop at the same time.

Any comment to help figure out a solution would be very much appreciated.

The USB Vendor ID for DisplayLink devices is '17e9'.

The USB Vendor ID in your output is '534d'.

The device you are using is not a DisplayLink device, so DisplayLink will not be able to help you.