PDA

View Full Version : Any way to launch DisplayLink at startup, instead of log in?

jberm
03-10-2022, 12:56 AM
I have an M1 Mac mini- currently being used with a Targus dock190 connected via usb-c and an older dell monitor (VGA gang wya?!?!?!). Whenever I restart my computer, I lose my displaylink session and I'm not able to start viewing on my Monitor until I have gone through chrome Remote Desktop and signed in.

Now that makes sense seeing as I have "Launch Automatically after login" selected but its annoying and I would prefer to have DisplayLink start running on startup. Anybody know of a way I can do that? Chrome Remote Desktop on the iPad is mildly irritating but I can continue with this process if needed.

rboerner
03-10-2022, 11:14 AM
I have an M1 Mac mini- currently being used with a Targus dock190 connected via usb-c and an older dell monitor (VGA gang wya?!?!?!). Whenever I restart my computer, I lose my displaylink session and I'm not able to start viewing on my Monitor until I have gone through chrome Remote Desktop and signed in.

Now that makes sense seeing as I have "Launch Automatically after login" selected but its annoying and I would prefer to have DisplayLink start running on startup. Anybody know of a way I can do that? Chrome Remote Desktop on the iPad is mildly irritating but I can continue with this process if needed.

I believe what you are looking for is the 'Login Screen Extension'.

There is more information under the heading 'Other functions of the DisplayLink Manager' in this KB post --> https://support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/articles/1932214-displaylink-manager-app-for-macos-introduction-in

jberm
03-16-2022, 12:45 AM
Thank you!! This worked