PDA

View Full Version : M1 MacBook dual display issue?

Katatak
01-07-2022, 07:16 PM
Hello,

Newbie here with a question?

I have a 13" M1 MacBook Pro (2020) that I want to use with a dual display. I just bought a new pair of 27" Dell monitors and I am using a Dell WD19TBS Thunderbolt docking station to connect one of them. But I realized AFTER I bought the monitors that this model MacBook Pro only supports one monitor natively. :mad:

So now I have to either get a different dock or a DisplayLink compatible adapter so I can use the second monitor.

Can someone recommend which adapter I need to get in order to use the second monitor? Also, do I plug the new adapter into the Dell dock I already have, or directly into the MacBook? (I've already downloaded the DisplayLink software).

Thanks!
Kat

FUTUROINFORMATICA
01-08-2022, 01:07 PM
Hello,

Newbie where with a question?

I have a 13" M1 MacBook Pro (2020) that I want to use with a dual display. I just bought a new pair of 27" Dell monitors and I am using a Dell WD19TBS Thunderbolt docking station to connect one of them. But I realized AFTER I bought the monitors that this model MacBook Pro only supports one monitor natively. :mad:

So now I have to either get a different dock or a DisplayLink compatible adapter so I can use the second monitor.

Can someone recommend which adapter I need to get in order to use the second monitor? Also, do I plug the new adapter into the Dell dock I already have, or directly into the MacBook? (I've already downloaded the DisplayLink software).

Thanks!
Kat

Good morning, I request the same information.
Thanks

tommiy
01-08-2022, 08:27 PM
Use the displaylink products (https://www.synaptics.com/products/displaylink-graphics/displaylink-products-list?field_displaylink_category_value=universal_do cking_stations) page to match monitor desired resolution to a dock. You can either completely replace your existing dock or plug the new dock into the existing as long as the port requirements are met. If you have a 202 M1 and your looking to run those monitors in anything other than 1080 resolution then your going to need to run betterdummy (https://github.com/waydabber/BetterDummy) as displaylink does not provide you hidpi on non-native resolutions other than 1080. Goodluck.

Katatak
01-08-2022, 11:06 PM
Thank you!