PDA

View Full Version : High Cpu Usage

klns
12-31-2021, 10:40 AM
Is anyone else getting high cpu usage? I'm using the Dell D6000 Dock which is plugged into my M1 MacBook Air through usb-c, and I have a Full HD monitor plugged into the dock through HDMI. Whenever I play a video on YouTube or run a Parallels Virtual Machine on the monitor, I get over 40% cpu usage consistently.

I have the latest Monterey version (12.1) and DisplayLink 1.6.

Is this to be expected?

giovanknee
01-01-2022, 06:25 PM
Is anyone else getting high cpu usage? I'm using the Dell D6000 Dock which is plugged into my M1 MacBook Air through usb-c, and I have a Full HD monitor plugged into the dock through HDMI. Whenever I play a video on YouTube or run a Parallels Virtual Machine on the monitor, I get over 40% cpu usage consistently.

I have the latest Monterey version (12.1) and DisplayLink 1.6.

Is this to be expected?

I am not sure where you derive the percentage value? Activity monitor?

When I look at the Cpu History I am constantly using high CPU resources with Displaylink on my MacBook Air (2019) Intel 5 laptop however I tried the same Displaylink setup on the M1 processor MB Air (2020) and hardly any CPU resources used, oddly enough it uses more GPU resources.

klns
01-01-2022, 10:00 PM
I am not sure where you derive the percentage value? Activity monitor?

When I look at the Cpu History I am constantly using high CPU resources with Displaylink on my MacBook Air (2019) Intel 5 laptop however I tried the same Displaylink setup on the M1 processor MB Air (2020) and hardly any CPU resources used, oddly enough it uses more GPU resources.

Yes, Activity Monitor. GPU % keeps zeroed here.

PS: I don't have permission to see the image you've attached.