PDA

View Full Version : Displaylink no longer detecting monitor after Monterey 12.2 update

BDilly
12-13-2021, 07:39 PM
Hi all,

This morning I updated to macOS Monterey 12.2, and my DisplayLink USB to HDMI adapter is no longer working. I have a 2 monitor setup, with the new 14 inch M1 Pro. I use a Dell WD19TBS docking station. Is this simply just due to the OS update? It has been working great since this morning.

orianl
12-14-2021, 07:55 AM
Same here!

ColinPSP
12-14-2021, 03:52 PM
I think you mean 12.1, and I'm having major issues. I updated to the latest beta DisplayLink Manager for macOS, and my situation got worse. Only one screen working of the two that were working just fine, and that one screen keeps freezing. Also, my USB mouse and keyboard are unrecognized...

I use the Dell D6000, by the way.

lopezm1
12-14-2021, 05:54 PM
Hi all,

This morning I updated to macOS Monterey 12.2, and my DisplayLink USB to HDMI adapter is no longer working. I have a 2 monitor setup, with the new 14 inch M1 Pro. I use a Dell WD19TBS docking station. Is this simply just due to the OS update? It has been working great since this morning.

Same here. :(

JanB
12-14-2021, 07:11 PM
The question is, does anyone at all successfully run his DisplayLink adapter with Monterey 12.1?

boladi
12-14-2021, 08:31 PM
Same here.
This is the last mac I'm buying. :mad:

tommiy
12-15-2021, 07:11 AM
Its not the MAC if it is a M1 as it was sold with only a single external monitor support. Its the need for 3rd party drivers to try and support a second monitor and the fact that you need to not update until after Displaylink provide a driver for the released version.

maestroC
12-15-2021, 02:53 PM
Hi

I've just updated to MacOS Monerey 12.1 as well and my second screen's resolution is not scaling correctly. I can only scale up to 640 x 480 :(

caesar84
12-15-2021, 04:26 PM
Had the same issue after updating to 12.1. Installing DisplayLink 1.6Beta and restarting seems to have fixed the issue for now.

BDilly
12-15-2021, 07:13 PM
Its not the MAC if it is a M1 as it was sold with only a single external monitor support. Its the need for 3rd party drivers to try and support a second monitor and the fact that you need to not update until after Displaylink provide a driver for the released version.

It is the new Mac M1 Pro, I understand it has support for 2 monitors now, however when I plug both into my docking station, it doesn't work. It only work when I have 1 DisplayPort plugged into my docking station, and the other HDMI into the Mac itself.

tommiy
12-15-2021, 07:15 PM
Get a thunderbolt dock or a USB-C docking adapter. For a pro you do not need displaylink. Its just creating problems.

wessen123
12-17-2021, 09:23 AM
Any solution for this? This update downgraded my home office efficiency dramatically!

In my case it does not work for 12.1 btw. Using: Belkin USB-C Dual Display Docking Station USB 3.2 Gen 1 and MacBook Pro 14" (2021)

JakubDabrowski
12-17-2021, 10:34 AM
Dear users,

Thank you for your feedback!

Please be aware that every dock/adapter + host machine configuration is different and some issues may occur and look the same but the source of a problem may differ.

For example, Dell WD19TBS docking station as one of you have informed is not a DisplayLink powered docking station. Simply speaking, it doesn't use our chipset so our software is not needed.

For other problems, please write a separate email to us ( technical-enquiries@synaptics.com ) and describe your issue with attached log files which you can gather with this guide. (https://support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/articles/755301-how-to-report-macos-issues-to-displaylink)

Thanks to it, we will be able to answer you directly and verify each case separately.

Kind regards,
Jakub

wessen123
12-17-2021, 11:11 AM
Dear users,

Thank you for your feedback!

Please be aware that every dock/adapter + host machine configuration is different and some issues may occur and look the same but the source of a problem may differ.

For example, Dell WD19TBS docking station as one of you have informed is not a DisplayLink powered docking station. Simply speaking, it doesn't use our chipset so our software is not needed.

For other problems, please write a separate email to us ( technical-enquiries@synaptics.com ) and describe your issue with attached log files which you can gather with this guide. (https://support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/articles/755301-how-to-report-macos-issues-to-displaylink)

Thanks to it, we will be able to answer you directly and verify each case separately.

Kind regards,
Jakub

Thank you, Jakub. Hopefully you and your team are able to provide me with necessary support.

Fuuzy_Dunlop
12-17-2021, 11:43 AM
Have a M1 Air M1, Dell D6000 and am running the 1.6 Beta and upgrading to 12.1 actually fixed the two issues I was having:

My Displaylink connected monitor is now consistently re-enabling when I wake the PC from sleep (running 1 USB-C to Displaylink monitor + Displaylink monitor from D6000). Prevsiouly it almost never worked without reconnecting the USB connection to the dock
Ethernet on my D6000 wouldn't work after waking from sleep and that seems to be fixed as well.

maestroC
12-19-2021, 11:31 AM
So I’ve managed to resolve my issue.

I had to use my work windows laptop to upgrade my dell d6000 dock station (firmware).

Then on my M1 MacBook Pro I installed the latest version of display manager which is v1.6 beta

I can now use my external display in its native resolution

Hi

I've just updated to MacOS Monerey 12.1 as well and my second screen's resolution is not scaling correctly. I can only scale up to 640 x 480 :(

bardavse
12-28-2021, 03:03 AM
I just wanted to share that I experienced same behavior about no longer detecting monitors. So I tried downgrading to 1.6beta as others replied as a fix, but no luck. So I got it working after:
1. uninstalled driver and extension,
2. disabled all Screen Recording privacy permissions for all applications in my OSX (take note of them to enable them back).
3. disconnect DisplayLink USB cable
4. reinstall 1.6beta
5. enable screen recording for DisplayLink only
6. connect DisplayLink USB cable
Voilá! It worked!
7. Enabled all applications with Screen Recording permissions as they were before.

So I managed to upgrade to 1.6.0 (build 59.128) with no problem at all.

Hope this to be useful for any of you.

Cheers! :cool:

morbbb
12-28-2021, 03:49 PM
The question is, does anyone at all successfully run his DisplayLink adapter with Monterey 12.1?

I do run just fine with 2 4K LG27UL-500 monitors connected to Dell D6000 via DP and the dock is wired to Macbook Air M1, yet I do experience some fps drop overall:(

giovanknee
01-01-2022, 01:31 AM
I am running a MacBook Air (2019) and using 4 monitors and have had to reinstall the drivers after upgrading to Monterey...

Also tried a friend's Air (2020) with M1 chip and got the 4 monitors running in a short time. I had to make sure I had the recent DisplayLink drivers 1.6 and the USB hub drivers for monitors 3 and 4.

I am using the Wavlink USB hubs. My MacBook Air(2019) has lag, CPU (i5 Intel) seems to be struggling but the M1 (2020) was working well and much faster, the CPU seemed to handle the load better but the GPU seemed to get more stress, however the M1 seems to run really well.

No gaming for me, I only use Browsers, MS Office, 2 stock trading platforms, Email...

Henning
01-05-2022, 09:38 AM
I'm running DisplayLink on an Mac M1 Pro 13" wiht MacOS 12.1
Connected to an "ICY BOX Notebook DockingStation" (https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00M9A46ZY) with DVI & HDMI (both with cables "to VGA", so HDMI->VGA and DVI->VGA)
Worked well till I changed the 1.5m DVI->VGA cable with an 30cm cable to have less "worms" on my desk.
Unfortunately, not even that the short cable doesn't give any signal, after connecting back to the old cable, all was messed up!
The HDMI-port has no output at all, the DVI ->VGA give only non-native resolutions of that screen (ie 1600x1000, but the monitor has FulHD 1920x1080) leading to a sctretched, blurry image.
Even re-installing the driver (1.6) from scratch does not help.

Any hints?

Edit: I replaced the ICY Box with a new one - works again. Seems the short cable has a somewhat "weird defect" which screws up the ICY Box.

edelone77
01-06-2022, 06:53 PM
I have M1 2020 Macbook (Monterey 12.1), Dell D6000 dock (DisplayLink driver 1.6beta) and I am no longer to connect to either of my Dell 24 monitors nor my usb mouse/keyboard...all of which worked for months until this week.

I have tried multiple versions of the driver and restarted many times...nothing. Not even a flicker.

SlappyMcPhee
01-31-2022, 04:20 PM
I am running into the same issue. I have a Dell Docking Station with Displayport to Displayport with my LG UltraGear monitor. This is VERY frustrating as it impacts my ability to work heavily. I installed the 1.6 version as I saw some people online state that got things working for them again, but for me the Manager just says that there is no DisplayLink enabled monitor attached. I am also not having any luck with USB peripherals.

UPDATE:

OMG. This is just silly…lol. I had tried rebooting, etc with the latest software from DL, but I didn't do the quintessential did you try unplugging it and plugging it back in. It now is working.

tmcashan
02-01-2022, 12:13 PM
I have submitted a request with the debug file.

2 of my 4 monitors no longer work after upgrading to 12.2.

blanks88
04-20-2022, 11:10 PM
Hey team I've seen there's some struggle for the macOS Monterrey update.
I have connected my Macbook 14" throw HDMI + hp USB-C dock station and display Link software does not recognize my 3rd display

ryanmobleycu
04-28-2022, 07:41 PM
i have a 14" m1 and i just purchased the wavlink wl-ug69pd10 and 2 LG 27" 4K monitors. No matter what i do it shows no display detected. have followed advice from display link kb's and a few comments here. still nothing. can anyone help?

predragns
04-29-2022, 06:25 PM
trying to make use of dell d6000 with my dell 4k and dell 2k monitors and the device is not even recognizable in the DisplayLink app, all I get is a "No DisplayLink-enabled display detected" message. I have just updated the firmware on my d6000, tried numerous versions of DL software, and had no luck. any suggestions?