PDA

View Full Version : 1.6.0 Beta Screen Rotation No option

Charlesboileau
12-11-2021, 01:49 PM
Hi to all,

Has anybody tried the new beta? It stipulated that screen rotation is now implemented in M1s.

Can't see the option anywhere...

Thanks

Charles B.

andrew_green
12-11-2021, 07:21 PM
Just installed it, very nice how the screen shut down and then came right back up again. But it still has no rotation option, even when opening system prefs with command+option held down.
Rebooted machine and still seeing the same -- no rotation option. This is running MacOS Big Sur 11.6.1.

andrew_green
12-11-2021, 07:27 PM
From https://support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/articles/1963276-clamshell-and-rotation-support-on-macos-with-displ

"On Apple M1 silicon, display rotation requires DisplayLink Manager 1.6 Beta or newer, and macOS 12 Monterey"

ojobson
12-12-2021, 09:30 AM
Hi to all,

Has anybody tried the new beta? It stipulated that screen rotation is now implemented in M1s.

Can't see the option anywhere...

Thanks

Charles B.

I can't see the image for some reason - I am logged in?
Can you host it somewhere else and paste a link?
Try rebooting
Try uninstalling Displaylink and then install the beta?

Charlesboileau
12-14-2021, 12:37 PM
Installed the beta. Rebooted... Not working. Is this to be set inside the display link software or in the prefs of the computer?

ojobson
12-15-2021, 07:59 AM
Installed the beta. Rebooted... Not working. Is this to be set inside the display link software or in the prefs of the computer?

In the displaylink software - should be a Screen Rotation option visible in the GUI when you click on the Displaylink top menu bar icon.

Try uninstalling and then reinstalling?

I wonder if this could be caused by an issue with how you are connecting your monitor... I am using DisplayPort from the DisplayLink dock to the monitor. Perhaps there are issues with other connections such as HDMI, etc.

KatarzynaCzaja
12-15-2021, 11:04 AM

Hello,

Do you have MacOS Monterey?
From the screenshot it looks like you are running Big Sur and not Monterey. If that is the case then just as @andrew_green mentioned. Screen rotation rotation requires DisplayLink Manager 1.6 Beta or newer, and macOS 12 Monterey - it will not work in Big Sur.

Best regards
Katarzyna