PDA

View Full Version : Displaylink and Stoplight Studio white screen crashes

konsta2106
11-18-2021, 06:48 AM
Hello.

I'm using my Macbook Pro M1 with 2 external monitors, and, of course, one of the monitors uses the Displaylink.

The problem occurs with the app I'm using for work - Stoplight Studio. From time to time, and this could even happen several times in a very short period, app seems to crash by turning into a white window. However, not the Macbook or not even the developer console of that app generates any kind of error message. I can close the app (not force quit) and start it again and work until the same problem reproduces.

I had this problem since I started to use the Displaylink, for about half a year, but I couldn't find the source of the problem. I tried different versions of the Stoplight Studio, always kept it up to date, I contacted the support team and they couldn't reproduce the same problem on their Macbooks with the m1 chip. The problem occurred every time. Accidently, I was working in the office with only one external display, without Displaylink being enabled, and I realized that I don't have any crashes for a whole day. Then after I plugged 2nd display and started the Displaylink, the problem started to reproduce again.

Probably the Stoplight Studio isn't that popular app, but maybe somebody could face the same issue as I do, and could find a solution?