PDA

View Full Version : Video / Music / Media not playing

darkforest
11-08-2021, 10:35 PM
Hi,

I have had my M1 for about 6 months now and am constantly running into an issue when plugging my mac into the dock hooked up to 2 monitors. Videos on youtube for example or music on spotify etc, do not play. In the case of youtube I will click the video and just get a black screen with a buffering wheel. This only happens when hooked to the dock and everything else works fine, just cannot play any form of media.

To fix the issue I need to restart the computer while hooked to the dock. I have not been able to find a solution to this but it is definitely caused by displayLink, since it never happens when using the laptop on its own.

cebrooks41
10-24-2022, 01:37 PM
Hello, Did you ever find a solution for this issue? I have the same problem. Thanks.

bengill27
10-24-2022, 06:00 PM
I also have this problem. I wonder if it might be this? https://support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/articles/830301-content-protected-video-does-not-play-on-mac-while I have the issue with most streaming services.

Could someone from DisplayLink advise if a fix will be forthcoming?

KatarzynaCzaja
10-25-2022, 10:31 AM
Hello,

Unfortunately in MacOS platform the devices using DisplayLink technology do not support HDCP.

Streaming services like iTunes, HBO, Amazon Prime, Netflix or Disney+, YouTube TV, Udemy etc. are using HDCP protected content. Which means that they will not work. This is currently one of the DisplayLink limitations.

In those cases the video would remain black while audio is still playing. Unfortunately this was never meant to work.

Due to limitation on our end it is expected that this feature does not work. We get feedback from many users that it is worth checking other browsers, many that were using Chrome have success with Firefox now. I hear that also changing the hardware acceleration settings in the browser helps.

billho54
10-25-2022, 05:18 PM
This thread:
https://www.displaylink.org/forum/showpost.php?p=93707&postcount=22\

it worked for me.