PDA

View Full Version : Monterrey | Wake up from sleep Dell D6000 not detected

adriavidal
10-27-2021, 04:35 PM
After upgrading to Monterrey when wake up from sleep dock is not detected.
Need to remove power of dock or reconnect to be detected again.

muzzy121
10-27-2021, 08:01 PM
After upgrading to Monterrey when wake up from sleep dock is not detected.
Need to remove power of dock or reconnect to be detected again.

Have exactly the same problem. Mac can't see D6000. It's enough to disconnect and connect back again USB-C, then works well...
Anyone knows how to fix this?

madias
10-28-2021, 09:32 PM
I'm having the same issue!!!

Using the latest firmware.

max_allan
11-03-2021, 11:56 AM
The whole dock not detecting? My (different dock) will detect sound/USB/ethernet on wake but not video, since upgrading to Monterey.

umbra
11-03-2021, 04:22 PM
Same problem (have to power cycle the dock) and I have the latest firmware

alex.
11-04-2021, 09:13 AM
same issue here, 16 Inch Pro max

jefisher
11-08-2021, 10:23 PM
Same thing here.

JakubDabrowski
11-09-2021, 08:47 AM
Dear users,

Thank you for your feedback here on the forum.

We are aware of this problem and are working on it. We were able to reproduce the issue in our office and our engineers are analyzing this problem.

Right now we have noticed that unplugging Ethernet cable from the docking station helps with sleep problems. We are not yet sure if that will be a final workaround in all cases but we are still testing and investigating this issue.

If you are able, please unplug your ETH cable from the docking station and verify.

Thank you for any further feedback you may share.

Kind regards,
Jakub

tsaikkon
11-10-2021, 05:33 AM
Dear users,

We are aware of this problem and are working on it. We were able to reproduce the issue in our office and our engineers are analyzing this problem.

Right now we have noticed that unplugging Ethernet cable from the docking station helps with sleep problems. We are not yet sure if that will be a final workaround in all cases but we are still testing and investigating this issue.

If you are able, please unplug your ETH cable from the docking station and verify.

Kind regards,
Jakub

Thanks! I can verify that removing Ethernet cable solved this for me. I'm currently using additional USB-Ethernet dongle to bypass the issue for now.

jefisher
11-10-2021, 12:22 PM
Dear users,

Kind regards,
Jakub

This seems to work, but am I to understand the the final solution might be we just can't use our ethernet port??

J Keller
11-10-2021, 08:18 PM
I'm experiencing the same issue, except I have a Targus Displaylink Dock190USZ. Mac OS Monterey 12.0.1. 2020 M1 Macbook Pro.

geguze
11-17-2021, 12:58 PM
Dear users,

Kind regards,
Jakub

Glad to hear that you guys are working on a solution. My problem is affecting only the external displays. When i try to wake up the computer, i am not able to get it recognize the external monitors. I can get it to work if i unplug the Mac from the docking station. Once replugged no issues till next time the computer switches off the displays. The computer is able to access external disk drives when woken up before i disconnect/reconnect. Removing the ethernet did not help (likely not surprisingly) with the displays. I am on Monterey 12.0.1 on a M1 Mackbook pro with Dell D6000

shiftux
11-18-2021, 06:53 AM
i can confirm that after removing the ethernet cable my 2019 macbook pro (Monterey) was again behaving as it should with the D6000.
Before i had external disks disconnect randomly during work and every time the screen went dark the external screens would not reconnect. same thing for the audio, it just randomly worked or did not over the dock.

please fix the ethernet issue though :)
thanks and best
s.

display link manager version 1.5.0

jeremyk
11-18-2021, 07:27 PM
My Dell U3415W does not wake properly either. I need to disconnect and reconnect the USB-C cable from my Mac going to the D6000 dock. Sometimes this does not even wake the monitor and I need to move the USB-C cable to another port. No audio through the D6000 dock either. Finally, my webcam (usb-c connected logi streamcam) also no longer works with the D6000 dock since I upgraded to Monterey.

geguze
11-19-2021, 04:02 PM
Glad to hear that you guys are working on a solution. My problem is affecting only the external displays. When i try to wake up the computer, i am not able to get it recognize the external monitors. I can get it to work if i unplug the Mac from the docking station. Once replugged no issues till next time the computer switches off the displays. The computer is able to access external disk drives when woken up before i disconnect/reconnect. Removing the ethernet did not help (likely not surprisingly) with the displays. I am on Monterey 12.0.1 on a M1 Mackbook pro with Dell D6000

I noticed that I was on DisplayLink version 1.4. With version 1.5 I can replicate the same problem as mentioned in previous posts: with no Ethernet cable i get the docking station and Mac behave correctly.

shiftux
11-24-2021, 09:13 AM
i'm noticing an additional issue, even with the ethernet cable removed.
the selected sound source is not respected. eg when plugging the dock back in and selecting it as sound source, i have to restart applications which produce audio output (browser/spotify, etc) in order for my sound to be played over the dock.

lapk
11-24-2021, 01:57 PM
i'm noticing an additional issue, even with the ethernet cable removed.
the selected sound source is not respected. eg when plugging the dock back in and selecting it as sound source, i have to restart applications which produce audio output (browser/spotify, etc) in order for my sound to be played over the dock.

Can you elaborate please im trying to reproduce this :D

So basically you select "Dell USB Audio " and then you restart your browser?

## it does not work for me I think

Edit: It does work

shiftux
11-26-2021, 08:20 AM
to reproduce
1) play sound over dock
2) unplug the dock
3) take your mac for a walk, play sound, do whatever
4) replug the dock
5) sound source switches back to the dock (automatically)
6) play sound -> NO SOUND
7) restart application that plays sound (eg spotify, browser, teams, mail, etc)
8) back to normal

at step 6 you can switch output to mac speakers and the sound is playing, switch back to the dock => still no sound

pirana6
11-29-2021, 06:20 PM
Also having the exact same sound issues. I hadn't tried closing/reopening the app, I had just completely reverted to rebooting. Glad to know there's an easier workaround!

drclementine
11-30-2021, 03:26 PM
So I have never used the ethernet port on my docking station and was having these same issues listed here (display is an ASUS). I unplugged power to the docking station and everything came back; monitor detection, sound, external HDD.

Hope this helps.

soymilkrules
12-03-2021, 01:03 PM
I noticed that I was on DisplayLink version 1.4. With version 1.5 I can replicate the same problem as mentioned in previous posts: with no Ethernet cable i get the docking station and Mac behave correctly.

Removing the ethernet cable from my dock fixed my issue of multiple displays not working on wake. I too had to remove USB-C cable and reinsert every time the machine was woken from sleep. Removing the ethernet cable has fixed this issue.

Macbook Pro Monterey 12.0.1 (21A559)
DisplayLink Manager 1.3.0 (Build 56.111)

elkbullwinkle
12-07-2021, 01:30 AM
Hi Jakub,

Can you please advise whether there is any work going to improve MacOs Monterey compatibility without losing ethernet?

Regards,
Sasha.

ojobson
12-12-2021, 10:08 AM
Removing the ethernet cable from my dock fixed my issue of multiple displays not working on wake. I too had to remove USB-C cable and reinsert every time the machine was woken from sleep. Removing the ethernet cable has fixed this issue.

Macbook Pro Monterey 12.0.1 (21A559)
DisplayLink Manager 1.3.0 (Build 56.111)

What dock are you using? I have an issue with this with my Dell D6000 - I previously upgraded the firmware to overcome this issue, but it has come back with the 1.6 beta. I powercycle the dock to get the screen to come back on.

CC_rider
12-13-2021, 03:49 PM
Dear users,

Kind regards,
Jakub

Please try to fix this issue ASAP, because it's affecting A LOT more users than expected. Just confirming that by upgrading to Monterey 12.0.1 (from Big Sur) we are running in the same problem posted in this thread, regardless of the type of the Mac (Intel or Silicon). We cannot afford to disconnect the Ethernet cables connected to Targus docks in our offices, since these docking stations have been used by everyone in a "hotel station" setup (Windows and macOS platforms) and we cannot make a broad communication for this "work-around".

Thanks,

CC_rider

ojobson
12-15-2021, 07:52 AM
What dock are you using? I have an issue with this with my Dell D6000 - I previously upgraded the firmware to overcome this issue, but it has come back with the 1.6 beta. I powercycle the dock to get the screen to come back on.

MacOS 12.1 seems to fix the screen not waking from sleep with the D6000 (latest firmware) and the 1.6 beta.

CC_rider
12-22-2021, 01:09 PM
MacOS 12.1 seems to fix the screen not waking from sleep with the D6000 (latest firmware) and the 1.6 beta.

I can confirm the above as well. Monterey 12.1 seems to fix the issue.

Cheers,

CC_rider

shiftux
01-08-2022, 10:20 PM
sound issue is still not resolved for me. and external drives keep disconnecting
monterey 12.1
displaylink manager 1.6

dhokes
01-11-2022, 04:05 PM
Re. waking up from sleep, I get this issue where waking up from sleep, the external monitors don't come on and the windows shift from where they were on my external monitors to my laptop. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yznjZYQEO60

dhokes
01-11-2022, 08:45 PM

I take it you don't encounter the issue in my previous post's video? :s

krsmga
01-11-2022, 10:18 PM
Here I have the same problem, I have a macbook air m1, with dock d6000, the firmware is up to date and DisplayLink 1.6. If he sleeps, when he wakes up only the monitor connected to the HDMI turns on. The monitors connected to the displayport are off. Keyboard and USB mouse are turned off.

I tested the ethernet, but nothing changes.

frankny
02-13-2022, 12:54 PM
Dear users,

Kind regards,
Jakub

Removing Ethernet port Worked. D6000 wakes up and everything works including USBs
Thank you for the support! Running M1with Big Sur 11.6.3 and Displaylink release 1.6